• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Playbook: Panthers vs. Bears

Tarheels23

Just for argument's sake, how many times would Cam have been sacked if he wasn't able to avoid pressure as well as he does or throw the ball while being dragged down by a 300 pound lineman?

Also, at the end of the video, Sterling Sharpe said "I can't wait to watch this game," and that's something that is becoming more and more common. People actually like and look forward to watching out games now. Refreshing.

Just for argument's sake, how many times would Cam have been sacked if he wasn't able to avoid pressure as well as he does or throw the ball while being dragged down by a 300 pound lineman?

Also, at the end of the video, Sterling Sharpe said "I can't wait to watch this game," and that's something that is becoming more and more common. People actually like and look forward to watching out games now. Refreshing.

Sometimes Cam leaves a perfectly clean pocket, i.e the packers game near the goal line where he was dragged down my Matthews.

part of our sack rate being bad is b/c our qb is a rook-- qbs have a huge influence on sack rate. look at the pats going from brady to cassel (went from 4th to 26th). colts were 1st last year; they are 12th right now and will probably keep falling. line has been pretty good in pass pro imo. run blocking has been lol though

edit: i actually think newton's pocket awareness has been relatively good in spite of the sack #'s. he hasn't lost too many yards on the sacks, at least i don't think. he has also felt the pressure on a good # of them, albeit too late, but he will eventually get rid of the ball faster or make a run for it

I'm predicting us running away with this game. Seriously. Cutler will get rattled, throw some picks, Cam will work with some short fields, Chicago will forgo the run game to try to get back into it, and the cycle will continue.

38-17.

Definition of a homer

Everyone would like to see that, but it wont happen

So they gave a bj to each of the Bears LBs, their DEs and DTs, and tried to convince me that Cam can't handle their speed on defense. Please. Cam's speed will totally leave Bears defenders in the dust, with the exception of Peppers, who doesn't show up half the time. Also, our o-line is pass blocking as well as I've seen from this group. We'll do fine on offense unless Cam sh!ts the bed with bad throws.

My worry is our defense versus the Bears offense. We've lost 2 starting LBs, and now our best CB is out again. I'll be interested to see how we bring pressure to prevent the Bears from taking deep shots down the field. And our run defense has to play a lot better, or the Bears will just eat us alive running it on 1st and 2nd down to allow for easy 3rds.

I would feel differently with Otah playing.

He is becoming a serious problem that the Panthers need to address in the draft next year, Gross isn't getting any younger either, so to me, tackle or swing tackle is becoming a big need. His constantly being in and out also impacts Oline run chemistry.

The issue to me is without Otah, I expect Panthers will have to keep a back or a TE in to pass block to keep Newton upright, that takes options out of the pass game.

Bell is servicable in pass blocking, not so strong, on run blocking.

If the Panthers can run and pass and keep the Bears defense on the field and wear that defense down and manage to actually score touchdowns vs. field goals, they most definitely can win this game.

Archived