• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis NOT Retiring

Anybodyhome

Curious how they will repair his ACL for the third time.

Typically, they take the middle third of your patella tendon and use it as a new ACL.

If you tear it for a 2nd time, they typically take the middle third of the patella tendon from your other knee and use that.

What would they use for a third surgery? I guess it would be a tendon from a cadaver.

He may not retire, but I hope he doesn't play in Carolina with that crazy deal that Hurney gave him. We need to release him, and then sign him to an incentive based deal.

It wasn't crazy, it was a good deal. The team is only on the hook for this season. If they release him before his roster bonus kicks in next year then he has very little cap hit at all going forward.

Typically, they take the middle third of your patella tendon and use it as a new ACL.

If you tear it for a 2nd time, they typically take the middle third of the patella tendon from your other knee and use that.

What would they use for a third surgery? I guess it would be a tendon from a cadaver.

I was wondering the same thing to be honest. I unfortunately am not very optimistic this go around about him recovering and getting back to his great playing self but i sure do hope he can. Seems to be a great guy, a solid role model and an awesome player. I really hate this for his career as a healthy Thomas Davis is great for this team.

I didn't know this. Thank you.

Could they use patella tendons from two cadavers to create the most awesome ACL ever?

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3135/player?r=1

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $36.5 million contract. The deal included a $7 million signing bonus and contains $250,000 workout bonuses in years two through five. 2011: $1 million, 2012: $2.25 million (+ $8 million option bonus), 2013: $4.25 million, 2014: $5.75 million, 2015: $7.25 million, 2016: Free Agent

Panthers WLB Thomas Davis has been diagnosed with a torn right ACL, ending his 2011 season.This is the third straight season Davis has torn his right ACL, and it's hard to believe he'll ever play another NFL down. It's sad news for a player who was emerging as an IDP force before first tearing his ACL in Week 9 in 2009. The injury comes just one week after the Panthers lost MLB Jon Beason for the season, making it almost certain Carolina's run defense will finish as one of the league's worst. Omar Gaither, Jason Williams, Thomas Williams, and Jordan Senn are candidates to replace Davis on the weak side.

Sep 19 - 2:18 PM Source: Steve Reed on Twitter

Panthers WLB Thomas Davis (ACL tear) said on Twitter that there is "NO way am I going to retire."Davis tore the ACL in his right knee during Week 2 and is undergoing surgery today. The Panthers are expected to release him after the season and his value on the open market will be ice cold. Davis has blown out his right knee three times during his career.

Sep 29 - 11:51 AM

Source: Gaston Gazette

Archived