• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis NOT Retiring

Anybodyhome

I just can't see us giving up on him. Even after 3 of the same injuries. I don't see why the Panthers can't restructure his current contract even further so he is progressively paid more the further in years he goes w/o an injury.

I say bring him back and let him keep his job and prove he can truly resolve this injury bug.

the reason he is so confident he can come back is because they are replacing his knee ligaments, cartlidge and bone with bionic hardware and computer chips. Basically, his new knee will be better than anything human and can regenerate when broken..its epic I saw it on the science channel.

I think Morgan told us he wasnt going to retire after his last concussion and a few days later we found out different.

It has to be touugh as hell to hang up the cleats after being in the limelight all those years, doing the one thing you have given your life to do and love.

He will come around to the realization that hes done and move on to other things- besides I dont see us keeping him on or another team taking a chance on him either.

The point of whether he should come back is really one of whether the repair can be made so that the ligament is repaired to good functioning. You can't really make it as good as new but you can approximate it. Then work on muscle strengthening to add additional support.

Whether he will tear it again is really a function of why it tore this time and tore it the last time and what will be different next time. Did they try and repair the ligament or did they replace it? Are they going to perform the same procedure or is there another one which gives him a better chance to recover? And if so, why didn't they use that procedure, if it better, the last time.? If it is the same procedure, then what is going to be different this time?? Why do they keep tearing?? Is it inevitable or what???

Will he be back?? Undoubtedly he will give it one more try if we let him and want him. Will he stay healthy? It is hard to be optimistic with his history. Will they restructure his contract? From what I remember, the 6 million signing bonus was guaranteed but nothing else was but this year's salary. They can negotiate a deal to include whatever they agree on. Who else is going to sign him? He knows the deal. He is doing this to prove he can come back and play football not necessarily for the money. It is terribly hard to admit that a stupid ligament is going to define your career forever. Not when he is such a beast on the field when he plays. I am sure that they won't risk any guaranteed money on him but as long as it doesn't cost them anything, why not see what he can do. If anyone can rehab himself back, it is Davis. Why not a take a free flyer.

Nobody said he can't play but I'm pretty sure the risk of tearing it again in this dangerous sport is pretty high. A lot of contact and a lot of cutting and running. By time next year come he'll be 29

I dont understand why someone would want to continue going through rehab like he has

That jack

I hope TD gets better. I hope he makes a full recovery, and does so as a Panther... and finishes a healthy career after another half dozen or dozen years or whatever it takes for him to make his mark on the league.

but the reality is that he is NOT going to come back as a Panther without serious contract restructuring... so we'll have to see how receptive he is to that.

Panthers will cut him rather than pay him what he is owed next season.

whys that, because we beat the powerhouse Jaguars without him? You can honestly sit there and say this team is better without Thomas Davis?

Im saying without him this team will keep moving. One thing I noticed about the Panthers is LB seems to always be our bright spot

He didn't play last year and technically he kinda didn't play this year either

Archived