• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis NOT Retiring

Anybodyhome

If your name was Marty Hurney, I'd understand that rationale. As a fan, I think its rather callous. Just my opinion, though.

I think if you are a fan spending money to sit in those seats you should have an opinion that is valued a lil more. Marty wouldn't have a job if those seats were not selling!

Anybody who thinks TD is coming back after 3 torn ACLs are delusional.

Exactly. No team will ever be able to count on him as a starting linebacker. Not us or anyone else.

Should he want to come back as a situational player, i.e. 3rd down backer, then fine, he deserves a shot. But he has to be realistic enough to know that his days as a 3 down linebacker are over.

He's one of the guys that every fan will always be a fan even if he is responsible for beating us every year as long as he stays healthy and awesome. He's a great player and even better person.

That being said, It doesn't take a doctor or a negative person, or make you a bad panther fan to be pessimistic about his future as a panther, or player.

He's one of the guys that every fan will always be a fan even if he is responsible for beating us every year as long as he stays healthy and awesome. He's a great player and even better person.

That being said, It doesn't take a doctor or a negative person, or make you a bad panther fan to be pessimistic about his future as a panther, or player.

pessimism is expected, calling someone delusional for thinking that he might very well return when they dont understand the nature of the injury is ignorant.

The most recent injury TD had likely didnt do any damage to the rest of the joint since he didnt take a helmet to the knee or jam into the ground. There likely, not sure but I hope not, wasnt a lot of destroyed cartilage (which is the chit that keeps your bones from rubbing against each other). It is more likely that ligament itself snapped and there wasnt much damage otherwise to the rest of the joint. . I hope. In that event the doctor that last did the operation will be scrutinized and the next one will go to someone else.

EVERY patient is different and has had different past injuries. . . . SO, not knowing the nature of TD's past injuries (your not his doctor and you dont have xrays of his knee to know the extent of existing damage from prior injuries). . not knowing the nature of his current injury (not a lot of huddlers on the team training staff). and NOT knowing the nature of the joint works (not a lot of doctors on the huddle?) makes anyone who says he's done look like he's bullchittin. . . which he is.

but seriously. . is he gonna open up a restaurant? I hope they have potato skins. . . mmm the cheese n lil green onYON. . so tasty

edit: let me know when a real doctor shows up to explain to me why this 3rd injury is career ending. Im going back to watching my delusional lucid day dream of lil pink elephants with lil 89 jerseys

edit: let me know when a real doctor shows up to explain to me why this 3rd injury is career ending. Im going back to watching my delusional lucid day dream of lil pink elephants with lil 89 jerseys

I agree with that. I don't get why there's a magic number to it that means it's over for good. You make alot of good points and I too hope that there wasn't alot of damage to the tissue that's left.

You guys complaining about his "cap hit" are monsters. Like you're writing his paychecks every week and its coming straight out of your account... Hes given his blood sweat and tears, aswell as a few acls for this organization and the first thing you think about is his contract? The sheer tenacity this man has shown the past couple years truly amazes me, and I will support him to the end. Get well soon TD, this team isn't the same without ya.

Im sorry but

Bulllssheeeiiittt

Archived