• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis NOT Retiring

Anybodyhome

Could it be he's more worried about the money? That contract was backhauled with incentives and the actual pay is next to nothing.

No, he got 8 million up front as well (signing bonus plus this season's salary was guaranteed.)

Also, TD is a football junkie. The type of guy that will be coaching somewhere for sure after he is done playing, loves to be around the game. Hopefully the third time is the charm and he makes it back from this one.

You guys complaining about his "cap hit" are monsters. Like you're writing his paychecks every week and its coming straight out of your account... Hes given his blood sweat and tears, aswell as a few acls for this organization and the first thing you think about is his contract? The sheer tenacity this man has shown the past couple years truly amazes me, and I will support him to the end. Get well soon TD, this team isn't the same without ya.

You guys complaining about his "cap hit" are monsters. Like you're writing his paychecks every week and its coming straight out of your account... Hes given his blood sweat and tears, aswell as a few acls for this organization and the first thing you think about is his contract? The sheer tenacity this man has shown the past couple years truly amazes me, and I will support him to the end. Get well soon TD, this team isn't the same without ya.

Why does it make someone a monster? It's not like he died like that receiver for the Bengals and we're asking about contracts. I love Thomas Davis. Loved him even more after he came out holding Beasons jersey. Dude is one of my favorite and I hope he comes back super badass beast mode. But I'm a Panthers fan first and lord knows that a 7ish million dollar cap hit for someone that doesn't even get on the field is brutal and could be better spent elsewhere for sure. Jeff Otah gets crucified on this board and Davis is gonna be at something 4 games played out of 36 after this year is up. I love the guy, but you still gotta conduct business.

Can u imagine the mayhem that He and Beason would have/could have caused if they ever played an entire season together???

And so goes the Carolina Panthers' woes

they played together in 2007 & 2008 , and it was a thing of beauty. Hopefully that can continue in 2012!

best of luck. Hey who knows, maybe this time it will hold up. You can't convince a football player and someone that loves what he does so much that he may not be able to do it ever again. If he tears it again maybe he will realize that it won't hold up, or maybe it will and we get a decent year from him.

Why does it make someone a monster? It's not like he died like that receiver for the Bengals and we're asking about contracts. I love Thomas Davis. Loved him even more after he came out holding Beasons jersey. Dude is one of my favorite and I hope he comes back super badass beast mode. But I'm a Panthers fan first and lord knows that a 7ish million dollar cap hit for someone that doesn't even get on the field is brutal and could be better spent elsewhere for sure. Jeff Otah gets crucified on this board and Davis is gonna be at something 4 games played out of 36 after this year is up. I love the guy, but you still gotta conduct business.

If your name was Marty Hurney, I'd understand that rationale. As a fan, I think its rather callous. Just my opinion, though.

Anybody who thinks TD is coming back after 3 torn ACLs are delusional.

Can you tell me why since you happen to know this so surely? Im not mocking you, explain it to me. Please dont skimp on the part where we talk about infections or bruised/destroyed cartilage or common complications. The floor is yours doc.

Can you tell me why since you happen to know this so surely? Im not mocking you, explain it to me. Please dont skimp on the part where we talk about infections or bruised/destroyed cartilage or common complications. The floor is yours doc.

Who has ever come back from 3 ACL surgies? Can you guess what the docs also told Bob Sanders this offseason?

Archived