• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who smokes the most?

Brad Samford

Kinda gross that people who make and handle your food are up there.

Usually you get late teens and early twenty somethings working in food industry. So you got the "I smoke to fit in crowd" mixed in with the "Wish I didn't start smoking in my teens to fit in crowd" working together. Also my days working in the food industry, 17-23, we would get a half hour break where we could be pulled from the break if they got busy. However, smokers were given any chance they can take to go smoke besides the half hour break. So it was like an extra break to those who smoked, poo out of luck if you don't. Also my drinking went up heavily in my restaurant working days. Which kind of helped with tips. It's amazing how much better tips you get when your still slightly buzzed from the night before and having a good time with the customers.

But either way, yes it's gross that they smoke and handle your food. The place I worked at, we were religious with washing our hands up to our elbows between touching things whether we actually prepared the food or just touched people's plates. But it's still gross.

Archived