• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aside of linebacker, where are the Bears better than us?

CardiacCats

crush implies that they will see each other on the field???

our d-line is poo, and our lb corps is basically decimated

Our LB corps is decimated, I will give you that. But to say our d-line is poo, is failing to give credit where it is due. Both Hardy and CJ have been impacts this season and against a shaky O-Line those two can be the most valuable players on our defense this year. I don't see how any defensive line having Johnson and Hardy can be considered poor; and the DTs are improving each week.

I'll take Hardy, CJ and McClain agains their OL instead of their DL against our OL. Yeah, Hester scares me.

What?!

Peppers, Idonije, adams and melton...

I'm not talking about our OL or their OL, they DL is better than ours. They have experience. Peppers showed up last year, if he shows up again, it's going to be a long day for us. The only plus this year is that I see Cam escaping Peppers or Idonije with his scrambling and running skills.

Containment of Forte will be a very big deal in this game.

If the Bears can run, trouble, as that does buy time for the petulant one in Chicago.

The Bears D-line has been made better by Melton. The Panthers are going to have a hard time running the ball against the Bears, and too, Urlacher is more the wild card in pass coverage than anyone else, he drops pretty deep on pass coverage, Cam cannot underestimate him and his coverage ability against Cam's arm...as Cam is looking for those TEs and Backs.

Running back? The more I think the more confident I feel about this game.

QB: Right now, us

RB: toss up/us

WR/TE: us easily

OL: us easily

DL: us

LB: them

CB: us

safety: us

I LOVE our chances Sunday

24-10 Panthers

Bears have the better DL. Better front 7.

I will add, that right now.....with Cam going into his 4th NFL start....he is not yet a better overall QB than Cutler. Cam has lots of mistakes and bad games yet to come this year as he learns.

Bears definitely have a better defensive line. And with all of our injuries, better linebackers as well. Generally speaking, they have a better defense than us. Oline play hasn't been that good for either team, fortunately our qb is better at evading the rush than theirs is. Our run game is a little bit better than theirs. Overall, our offense is probably a little better.

Special teams, the kicking games with Baker and Mare vs the Chicago kickers is about even. Their coverage and return teams are better, although I do feel that Edwards is improving in this category. I was happy that even with a wet ball, he didn't even come close to dropping anything against the Jags. And he had a nice return.

QB: I'm gonna say Cutler right now, but Cam could out-perform him

RB: Us easily; deepest backfield in football

FB: Meh... neither team really uses a fullback

WR: Just having Smitty gives us the edge

TE: Thanks for Olsen, Jerry Angelo!

OL: :lol:

DE: They've got Peppers, but I don't even know who their other starter is - edge to us

DT: Edge to the Bears

LB: When healthy, us, but right now, them

CB: Close, but I'll take Gamble over Tillman

S: Us easily with Harris out, but with him it's give or take even

K: Even, if not a slight edge to them

P: Meh...

KR: Edge to them

not sure why people are comparing their Dline to our Dline, etc. do they face each other?

my take...

Dline vs. Oline: panthers have the advantage. bears have a very solid and respectable one, but the weakness of their oline give us the advantage here.

front 7 vs. running game: push. neither is really moving all that well. we may have more talent, but so far you wouldn't know it.

TEs/RBs vs LB/S (passing game): panthers, but barely. their LB corps is more solid and forte is and has been quite solid for them in the passing game. if there is any place that we might get burned, i think it would be here. one thing that may hurt them, they rely too much on forte in their passing game. i think he has 60% of their catches? it must be working, though. what helps us against their LB/S is i think the twin attack of olsen and shockey plus stewart is too much for their LB/S to handle here. if williams can get a little space, then that makes it even better for us.

WRs vs. secondary: panthers all day, but it doesn't have much to do with our secondary being all that good. their secondary isn't much and their safeties are atrocious, but their secondary isn't nearly as bad as their WR corps. we win that matchup because of that.

special teams vs. special teams: bears. i don't think ours is all that bad, but it also isn't very good. meanwhile, the bears have something very good going on there. only problem for them is that the league neutralized their KO return game so it's just the punt game we have to really worry about.

i think we have a little bit of an advantage going into this game, but i isn't much and playing in chicago might be the thing that tips it in their favor. a lot of that, tho, depends on how mad chicago is at them for sucking so bad.

this thing could really go either way.

DE: They've got Peppers, but I don't even know who their other starter is - edge to us

The Chicago DTs have 1 less sack than our DEs do. There DL is easily better than us. They are better against the run as well.

Bears easily have the DL edge.

These comparisons are out of context for the most part. Their D line shouldn't be compared to our D line because that comparison is irrelevant unless they played against each other. Their D line plays our O line and our D line plays theirs.

The question should be whether our D line against their O line is a better match up then their D line versus our O line. The same comparisons could be made across the board. But to compare our defense to their defense makes no sense as it is out of context.

Archived