• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aside of linebacker, where are the Bears better than us?

CardiacCats

Running back? The more I think the more confident I feel about this game.

QB: Right now, us

RB: toss up/us

WR/TE: us easily

OL: us easily

DL: us

LB: them

CB: us

safety: us

I LOVE our chances Sunday

24-10 Panthers

Well....my feelings:

QB:I'm gonna say unknown...us, because of a rookie, and them, because of a QB under siege with no OL or WR to provide relief.

RB: Like said before, us, no question.

WR/TE:Agreed

OL:Agreed, but not easily, unproven ability to spring the run.

DL:toss up dependent on effect on the QB and run effectiveness.

LB:Agreed, we are an unproven work in progress

CB:Agreed, and it seems like we can rotate players and still be at least even.

safety:At full strength we can hold our own, I'd say agree.

I still think the Jags game was one of those anomaly games...definite, single play lapses by the D again (coaching can fix this) and an improbable under one minute JAX drive for a TD at the end of the half. Two plays, 60 or so yards in a monsoon. A great run broken off, confusion and a great play at the end of the half...etc. When the time was running out in the 4th, the offense put it together.

At some point the perception of contenders and pretenders wears off. This is no longer 2010 or 2006......plenty of examples of that this year. No reason to believe it can't be a storyline in this game. 1-2 isn't exactly where either team was expected to be at this point, especially considering the back-stories.

They are contenders.

I respectfully disagree.

Said it before the season and will say it again...I would be surprised if Chicago goes .500.

Reason? Martz's offense requires a good o-line and excellent wide receivers. The Bears have neither. The defense is good enough to contend, but their offense just won't work with the current personnel.

But they don't play head to head, and they are going against vastly different units. Not sure if "crushes" is exactly fair, either.

crush implies that they will see each other on the field???

our d-line is poo, and our lb corps is basically decimated

crush implies that they will see each other on the field???

our d-line is poo, and our lb corps is basically decimated

Well I took it as the Defensive front 7....at least our O-Line is doing the job. Flip it around, and the Bear's OL might have more trouble, regardless of comparing the D front 7.

Archived