• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't expect us to run much more than we have been...

TruCatzFan

There's nothing to interpret... It's self explanatory... Watch the video or gtfo!

I don't need to. Just because we are a vertical passing attack, that doesn't mean we can't be effective running the ball. Its pretty silly to assume that Rivera simply doesn't care about running the ball any better than we have because of what he said.

I don't need to. Just because we are a vertical passing attack, that doesn't mean we can't be effective running the ball. Its pretty silly to assume that Rivera simply doesn't care about running the ball any better than we have because of what he said.

Until you watch the video, your opinions on this subject are irrelevant. Furthermore, nobody said that we "can't be effective running the ball" or that "Rivera simply doesn't care......"

Watch the video, and then you won't be saying the things you're saying now

Hurney fuging things up again. We should have spent that money on other needs like DT and CB.

You want to pay Deangelo money to Ron Fields and Darius Butler?

Or do you think that if we had a bunch of leftover money, Suh would somehow become available?

Excellent maneuver Ron. Establish a smokescreen to make the Bears gameplan to shutdown Cam and Smitty... then proceed to run it down their throats!:coolgleamA:

I was coming to post the same thing!

SMOKESCREEN! :D

Haha, I really don't think it is. The NFL has evolved and the passing attack is where it's at.

Until you watch the video, your opinions on this subject are irrelevant. Furthermore, nobody said that we "can't be effective running the ball" or that "Rivera simply doesn't care......"

Watch the video, and then you won't be saying the things you're saying now

See where interpreting gets you? And no.

I think eventually Chudz will balance out the offense, that's been his history:

Chudz run pass ratio 2007 Cleveland Browns: 47/53

And Rivera gives insight about their thought process throwing so much early this season:

.....It was the other way around 74 yards rushing 422 yards passing. Are you concerned things got a that far tilted towards the pass?

There was a little bit of concern on my part because of my background. But one thing I always remembered, and I'll never forget is a conversation I had with Norv Turner about Phillip Rivers when we were first there. The one thing when we were first there was our 1st 8 games were tough because we threw the ball a lot.

Everyone was talking about how good we used to run it with LT (LaDanian Tomlinson) well one thing I asked Norv about and he said:"Well Ron, until Phillip learns this we've got to stick with it because we're not gonna be able to win these games later." Lo and behold that's what happens now and look at what San Diego can do with Phillip, they now can win those types of games. Well you(we) would like to be in the same boat obviously when it comes down to it (if) you have to throw it to win it, the kid can do it.

Transcript from: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/pft-live-segment-2-ron-rivera/

LT also was able to still get 1,000 yard seasons while Rivers was still learning. Really Rivers has never had a bad year ever since becoming the starter in 2006, the year he started learning to be a starter, and made the pro bowl that year. Yet at the same time LT was setting records himself. We don't have to sacrifice the run game so that Cam can learn.

That statement is incorrect.

You need to have a good quarterback that can carry a game here and there but running the ball is and always will be essential.

You need to be able to run the ball, but you will not beat GB for the NFC Championship with your running game. The game is 60 mins long, if it takes you 2x as long to score a TD as it does them... it does not bode well for you.

You need to be able to run the ball, but you will not beat GB for the NFC Championship with your running game. The game is 60 mins long, if it takes you 2x as long to score a TD as it does them... it does not bode well for you.

Kind of true I guess. But if you score and control their time of possession..... Aaron Rodgers can't throw a touchdown pass if he doesn't have the ball.

need to do both.

Can't beat other high powered offenses simply by out scoring them.

Need to be able to control the clock, keeping the other offense off the field, especially when ya have a good lead.

A good running game will only make this offense twice as dangerous, and much more difficult to defend.

People can say we're getting away from the running game all they want to...doesn't make it any less important to this offense.

Archived