• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great video discussion about Cam on ESPN

JawnyBlaze

Skips opinions on issues are calculated opinions. He forms his opinions often b/c he wants to go against the norm when he can.

U know what...Ur right...And u can tell that he is the surly one on the set by design. These shows are not off the cuff shows. These folks know exactly what they are going to say about every athlete and it's very much scripted.

But when I listened to Skip for the first time and he sat there trying to convince his audience that Ben isn't the guilty one and the girl intentionally went into the unisex bathroom wanting him to follow her then turn around and spitting hate towards Cam making hims sound like him and his family are nothing but a lowlives, that did it...He was one and done with me. He's nothing more than a Rush Limbaugh/Jerry Springer wanna be of sports tv.

First take is about the biggest waste of time show there is. Skip Bayless is the troll of sports personalities. CB should stick to the NBA, and WTF are those other to.

Way to take a simple quote, pull it out of context, and create a rhetoric that Cam says he's as good as Tom Brady.

Yes, that's because when all else fails, why not play the Cam is cocky and arrogant card. It's enough to get a knee jerk reaction or two out of the quited Cam haters.

I never really paid this close attention to the football media but it's clear these analysts and writers pick and choose who they are going to single out as bait to generate controversy.

First take is about the biggest waste of time show there is. Skip Bayless is the troll of sports personalities. CB should stick to the NBA, and WTF are those other to.

Way to take a simple quote, pull it out of context, and create a rhetoric that Cam says he's as good as Tom Brady.

Give it a couple of years, and he'll be doing the same thing in New England, suggesting Brady thinks he's as good as Cam. :biggrinjester:

Its amazing how there is a quote that pretty much says, "We are all in the same league, there is no hall of fame league," can be turned into, "Im as good as Tom Brady." And when all 3 of them defended what that statement literally meant, Skip says "I can perceive it any way that I want to." How does this guy still have a job that pretty much any dude in the world would kill for?

Its amazing how there is a quote that pretty much says, "We are all in the same league, there is no hall of fame league," can be turned into, "Im as good as Tom Brady." And when all 3 of them defended what that statement literally meant, Skip says "I can perceive it any way that I want to." How does this guy still have a job that pretty much any dude in the world would kill for?

Ratings drop when all the talking heads agree on a mildly controversial topic. Ratings rise when the talking heads disagree with one another, and have a shouting match about the controversial topic. Skip has a job because he is willing to make take an unpopular position on a topic based on what the tv show producers need for the segment.

Producer: "You 3 take the popular opinion. Skip you have the opposite opinion. Argue and shout, Skip you lose this time."

I don't like the guy even when I agree with him. And on this he's just hearing what he wants to hear.

"I can interpret what he's saying" to make Cam look bad and that's my priority. :rolleyes:

After game one, on 'blip or trend', Skippy called Cam a blip, even while he was gushing about his performance. After game two Cam proved to be 'trend' and Skippy ain't happy.

Cam is definitely not a trend. The real trend is the entire NFL is experiencing inflated passing numbers because of the lockout. It's been the most prolific 2 weeks of passing ever. Cam is a part of that trend.

He's on his way but to call him a trend is kind of pointless when the trend is the weakest possible trend you can have. He has a very, very long way to go. After he completes this year hopefully still on his record pace he could have a sophmore slump.

I'm excited about Cam but people are really going head over heals for him. Some of the criticism of him like the "fake smile" fellow made no sense. I think some people just don't like him due to how successful he was under scrutiny. They feel like he escaped punishment so they will forever dislike him.

Cam is playing very well but one thing he can do NOTHING about is time. He needs to do this over a period of time and establish consistency before he'll knock off the skeptics. His body of work is so tiny it's impossible to judge him either way. But he certainly looks promising.

Ratings drop when all the talking heads agree on a mildly controversial topic. Ratings rise when the talking heads disagree with one another, and have a shouting match about the controversial topic. Skip has a job because he is willing to make take an unpopular position on a topic based on what the tv show producers need for the segment.

Producer: "You 3 take the popular opinion. Skip you have the opposite opinion. Argue and shout, Skip you lose this time."

And after the producer says that, does Jay Glazer pop out and declare the match a no-holds-barred, falls-count-anywhere match? Then, would there be a stare down between Skip and the other panelists before it fades to a commercial?

Followed by this:

One thing I'm getting pretty irritated about the discussions about Cam, whether it's ESPN or NFL Network or just talking with fellow non-Panther football fans, is the misconception "he doesn't have much around him". If they're saying that as he doesn't have the defense other top QB's do, fine that's understandable and pretty accurate.

but when you look at the supporting cast he has on offense there is no way you can say he doesn't have much around him. Smitty is Smitty, a top WR in the league. LaFell is still inexperienced but he's stepped up big time in the first two games. Olsen and Shockey together make for one of the better TE groups in the league(top 5 I would say), and the o-line, while it's had it's problems, is far from the worst in the league. the run game hasn't gotten going but the threat of it alone has undeniable helped him tons.

Archived