• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Great video discussion about Cam on ESPN

JawnyBlaze

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7004266

They were pretty supportive of Cam, but Skip Bayless was a little negative. I don't agree with his interpretation or opinion but I can't fault him for it. It's not an invalid point or unreasonable opinion.

Lost respect for Bayless when he wholeheartedly defended Ben Rothlesburgger rape allegations but then turn around and viciously attack Cam's character on a story that is still nothing but a heresay.

I think Skip Bayless has a man crush on Cam and is in denial of it.

I don't like the guy even when I agree with him. And on this he's just hearing what he wants to hear.

"I can interpret what he's saying" to make Cam look bad and that's my priority. :rolleyes:

After game one, on 'blip or trend', Skippy called Cam a blip, even while he was gushing about his performance. After game two Cam proved to be 'trend' and Skippy ain't happy.

Give Skip Bayless a quote, and he will find the context within that he wants to find which stirs the pot. That's his game.

Exactly. He's just playing devil's advocate. He wants to be controversial, that is what got him his popularity. Cam clearly, from what I gathered from that interview, was saying that this the NFL and all QBs have the same job. It doesn't change no matter how good you are. Tom Brady is in the NFL just as Cam is the NFL. That is the point he was trying to make. People like Skip allow the haters to feel like their position is defensible when in reality, it isn't.

Skips opinions on issues are calculated opinions. He forms his opinions often b/c he wants to go against the norm when he can.
Give Skip Bayless a quote, and he will find the context within that he wants to find which stirs the pot. That's his game.
Exactly. He's just playing devil's advocate. He wants to be controversial, that is what got him his popularity. Cam clearly, from what I gathered from that interview, was saying that this the NFL and all QBs have the same job. It doesn't change no matter how good you are. Tom Brady is in the NFL just as Cam is the NFL. That is the point he was trying to make. People like Skip allow the haters to feel like their position is defensible when in reality, it isn't.
all comments on target.

it was a douchey spin, but it isn't much different than what has been heard from his critics all along. you start from a premise that you don't like the guy or think he's inadequate in some regard and you take every comment and action and see which ones can be spun to support your opinion.

i don't know if bayless really believes what he said or not (though i'm inclined to believe he is that pinheaded), but he did say what others are saying. the cam-critic bandwagon is getting smaller, but it's still there and you better believe that there are some who are grudgingly on his bandwagon now or who are giving him his props who are just waiting for the guy to fall so they can say "i hate to say it, but i told you so".

Archived