• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Documentaries

neverlosethefeeling

During Sociology class tonight, my professor was speaking about a couple documentaries. One was about Genie Wiley who spent 13 years or something of her life locked up in a bedroom. Her Grandmother and blind Mother both were also abused by the father and escaped, realizing though that they needed the little girl basically as a seeing eye dog because the old lady was senile. Still, Genie isn't socially intelligent and can't function outside of a group home.

The other one was a doc about Russian kids who were supposedly raised by wolves, and he said some of the footage was very compelling. They couldn't grasp concepts of a drinking glass, or dishes, and after being studied and taught by psychologists, they could behave somewhat normally in social situations but would still do things like react to a strange noise in the same way a dog would.

Don't know if anyone caught NFLN's "A Football Life" this week on Jerome Brown and Reggie White. This series is quickly becoming great. The last two on Bill Belichick were phenomenal if you like the guy or not.

I like documentaries that tell a story, not just talk about something. This series delivers.

And there are a bunch of other quality suggestions in this thread. I've watched at least 2 or 3 you guys suggested and haven't been disappointed yet.

Archived