• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Documentaries

neverlosethefeeling

I forgot the name of it but its a documentary that's hard to come by. It's about 3 students in some bum fug state that basically get accused and tried for murder, essentially because they are the goth kids of town and don't fit in. I believe one of them actually has a learning disability. I think Johnny Depp spoke out for them a while back.

I think it was on a CBS news show. It was pretty good.

let me dip into the pstall archive that might not have been mentioned.

F is for Fake

Woodstock and Metallica's

Capturing the Friedmans(you might puke tho)

Hoops Dreams

my fave tho: Easy Riders, Raging Bulls.

Every single one of these is great.

extra credit for F is for Fake and Easy Riders, Raging Bulls.

Didn't see anyone mention Brothers at War yet: http://brothersatwarmovie.com/

Talhotblonde and Dear Zachary are both great docs and fugged my head up for a day or two, especially Dear Zachary.

Dealing Dogs was another good one, and there's another one where the same guy goes undercover at a pig farm. The movie is called Death on a Factory Farm: http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/death-on-a-factory-farm/index.html.

Back when I was in college, we had to watch Roger and Me. It really affected me, until I learned what a bullshit artist Michael Moore is, and they interviewed a bunch of people from the movie who said they were misrepresented or quoted out of context.

I forgot the name of it but its a documentary that's hard to come by. It's about 3 students in some bum fug state that basically get accused and tried for murder, essentially because they are the goth kids of town and don't fit in. I believe one of them actually has a learning disability. I think Johnny Depp spoke out for them a while back.

I think you're talking about Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hill. It's about the West Memphis Three that have been in the news lately. They were all recently released from prison.

Don't forget about "Hoop Dreams."

"Bigger, Stronger, Faster" asked the questions about steroids that the mainstream sports media won't or can't. (Can't believe that father who's son "died from steroid" lets the anti-depressant drug manufactures off the hook).

Lot of people said they cried at "Dear Zachary?" I was more mad than sad.

Archived