• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Documentaries

neverlosethefeeling

Gimme an idea of some of your favorite documentaries. I'm a huge documentary buff, so I'm always looking for new ones that I may not have seen before. I appreciate everything from Food, Inc. to The Cove to the LIFE and Planet Earth series, and everything from The Human Experience, Smartest Men in the Room to Cocaine Cowboys. There's not really any genre that's off limits.. I love em all.

So, whatcha got?

And because I'm asking this question, I should probably give a suggestion. 9/11 documentaries seem to have become a genre all to themselves, and in that realm, 102 Minutes That Changed America is one of the best I've seen. It's not a conspiracy theory, either. Just a collection of raw and mostly never-before-seen footage from that day in and around NYC. Very powerful stuff in that film.

And other doco's that everyone should see:

Man on Wire

Exit through the Gift Shop

Restrepo

Dear Zachary (though be warned this one will mess you up)

I Think We're Alone Now is one of the most bizarre movies/documentaries/anything I've ever seen:

This documentary feature by director Sean Donnelly follows the adventures of two obsessed fans, 50 year old Asperger's sufferer Jeff Turner, and 35-year-old intersex person Kelly McCormick who claim to be in love with 80's teen-pop heartthrob Tiffany. With both humor and with sometimes heartbreaking sensitivity, Donnelly explores the lonely lives of these two people, classified by many as stalkers.

It's not really intellectually fulfilling or even entertaining so much as it is a tour de force of weirdness.

Dear Zachary is probably one of the most difficult things to watch.

my sister made me watch the tail end of it and said it fuged her up for a couple days after seeing it...

These are two docs that EVERYONE needs to watch:

The Inside Job

Food, Inc.

those 30/30 are exceptional, too.

Food, Inc. was good. My friend started eating all the "only grass fed, local cows, etc" so she wanted me to watch it.

Yeah, poo is fuged up and you learn a lot about the food industry and how everything is controlled.....but I still love yummy burgers and chickaaan

Archived