• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You Guys need to start paying Attention!

TruCatzFan

Agreed on a pissing match, but I was talking about the fundamentals. The passing attack is FAR more complex, in general, than you basic rushing game. They've managed to progress in the air with what has been installed so far, why not on the ground? That was my point...that's all.

And my point that you missed (probably my fault for not elaborating, due to people on this board complaining about longer posts) was that they are obviously not concentrating on the running game right now. I feel that they know they can do that here, and fairly well if I recall correctly. To go further, my point was that we had to come out and prove that Cam is the real deal and a legit passing threat (never really had one before)(Delhomme kept people honest, didn't implement fear like Cam does) so that teams who have played us with 8 guys in the box for the last oh... 8 years would have to come out of that. I think that they have now made that point, which will NOW open up our running attack with more favorable defensive looks. Not saying that we haven't struggled running the ball by any means, because we have. But I think that even the mist casual of fans could see that we pass first now... As opposed to the Fox era. I for one won't worry about or running attack at all this year. That's just me. I see the Big picture, and when the coaches get what they want to see from opposing defenses WATCH OUT! There will not be a more dangerous team offensively in the entire league.

Don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to clarify an earlier post

And my point that you missed (probably my fault for not elaborating, due to people on this board complaining about longer posts) was that they are obviously not concentrating on the running game right now. I feel that they know they can do that here, and fairly well if I recall correctly. To go further, my point was that we had to come out and prove that Cam is the real deal and a legit passing threat (never really had one before)(Delhomme kept people honest, didn't implement fear like Cam does) so that teams who have played us with 8 guys in the box for the last oh... 8 years would have to come out of that. I think that they have now made that point, which will NOW open up our running attack with more favorable defensive looks. Not saying that we haven't struggled running the ball by any means, because we have. But I think that even the mist casual of fans could see that we pass first now... As opposed to the Fox era. I for one won't worry about or running attack at all this year. That's just me. I see the Big picture, and when the coaches get what they want to see from opposing defenses WATCH OUT! There will not be a more dangerous team offensively in the entire league.

Don't mean to offend anyone, just trying to clarify an earlier post

Cool man. I see your point. I just think with Chud's offense we are not going to see the same production out of our backs. I think the players are being re-taught to go full bore on the passing game. That's fine. It's a new staff and they have the right to put thier own stamp on this team. That said, I think because of it, we will struggle to run this season and beyond. On the flip side, we are going to have one hell of a passing attack. :)

I mean who really thought that Cam would be pulling this kind of poo... Over 400 yds in his first two starts?!

I'm one of, if not the Biggest homer on this board who wanted Cam to be a Panther since watching him lead a comeback against Bama... Looong b4 we even had the 1st pick locked up. Never wanted Luck...

Not even I saw this coming...

Teams around the league expected a rookie QB who "wasn't anywhere near ready" to "manage" games, maybe make some plays with his feet...

They expected a rookie Head Coach to go with the status quo... Go with what works, and run the ball. Not to put his rookie "not ready for at least 3 years" QB out there in front street like He has.

Right now we may appear to be a "passing" team, but trust me... When defenses back the fug up and start respecting Cam's gangster... We will run all FUGGIN over folks like we're known to do. Then when they stack the box, we'll remind them to how FUGGIN awesome Cam is. We'll remind them how "old and slow" Smitty is. They will be reminded that we gave the best TE tandem in the league... Then what will defenses do????

Nothing! Absolutely FUGGIN nothing!

I just hate the fact that Naanee, is our #1 option in the red zone, because of teams doubling Smitty down there. Just don't like his effort. He doesn't seem like an "above and beyond" type guy.

I would be too if I didn't consider Olsen and Shockey bigger targets in the red zone than Naanee...

Naanee has been open several times all around the field to include 3 times in the RZ and Cam has missed him. In fact, I don't know if anybody noticed how WIDE open He was in week one on that 4th and goal dragging from the right side of the field to the left. But He was.(threw it to Goodson instead :-(

If u really wanted to blame any One person for being 0-2, I'd have to give that award to nine other than (and it pains me to say it, but it's true) Greg Olsen

Week one: didn't get his feet in on the initial 4th down play. No excuse. Good ball thrown to him.

Week two: should have dragged dude in or stretched the ball over the plain when ^He beat the cb one on one... (next play, Gross gets called for GHOST holding call, and we settled for 3...

I've been giving him a pass because hd came from The U, and we all know that He is going to be an integral piece to our arsenal, but he's got to do better when it counts.

oh, and yeah, LaFell makin some plays recently..

although I don't know if I'd take him in fantasy unless you are desperate.. I'm stacked at WR though, so maybe that's just me..

Me too... Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Smitty, and Jordy Nelson.

But he's earned a young QB's trust in big down situations. I'd look for him to be more involved from here on out. His size makes him a Plaxico type threat (in his prime, not now)

THIS!!! WHY THE fug is LEGGEGFEFEFERFE NANEAWAEWAE being the only one targeted in the endzone??!!! It makes no sense, he shouldnt even be on the field.

I hope He scores two TD's this week to shut you up! Epitome of not being a fan... He's been open several times as noted earlier.

But I agree that the TE's should be more of a target. Perhaps it's the coaches nit wanting Cam throwing into traffic over the middle?? Not sure but an educated guess

Archived