• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If we havent won by week 6

hank pimple butt

Yeah let's take away the guy our Franchise QB is most comfortable with and arguably the best Panther in history...
Its a legit question. If we have no wins by then, and he is the leading receiver.And lets say... a serious contender is in need of an elite WR, and the offer is right. There is a chance we will let him go.Look i love Smitty, and would love nothing more than to see him win a ring w/us and retire a panther.But lets face he's not getting any younger and faster.

Its a legit question. If we have no wins by then, and he is the leading receiver.And lets say... a serious contender is in need of an elite WR, and the offer is right. There is a chance we will let him go.Look i love Smitty, and would love nothing more than to see him win a ring w/us and retire a panther.But lets face he's not getting any younger and faster.

What would you want in return then? I mean Smitty has been explosive so far this year. Yeah he's not getting younger or faster but it doesn't seem like were too far away of being a pretty good team and Steve Smith is a big part of why our offensive has been explosive. What would you trade for? A defensive player? Draft pick maybe? What?

I seriously doubt he will be traded he is a very vital part in having Cam continue to be successful only time we will trade him is if we some how find a true young #1 wr to replace him and that person is not on this team. And even then I doubt we trade him I'd love to see Smitty move to the slot.

I'm also sold on us not being very competitive this season. I'd love for us to be able to sneak into the playoffs this year but I don't think it's going to happen this is a young team that is showing a lot of promise even though we are 0-2. I'd love for us to be able to get some wins this season though I think we will shock a few teams this season. We have a couple of holes to fill on defense before next season Cb and DT. If we can get a few more solid NFL caliber players at those positions we will be ready to compete I truly am excited for the rest of this season.

I think what every one should do is just relax if we don't get that many wins this season. That's alright I don't know how any one could really expect us to go from a 2-14 season to a playoff caliber team.

What would you want in return then? I mean Smitty has been explosive so far this year. Yeah he's not getting younger or faster but it doesn't seem like were too far away of being a pretty good team and Steve Smith is a big part of why our offensive has been explosive. What would you trade for? A defensive player? Draft pick maybe? What?
I don't want him to be traded. But.....being 0-6 players start bitching,GMs start looking harder at top draft prospects .He's in the last year of his contract if im not mistaken, and we could possible lose him to FA(probably get tagged) If the offer is right they could let him go. Hell Roy Williams has never put up the #s Smitty has, and Dallas gave a 1st and a 3rd for him.

I don't want him to be traded. But.....being 0-6 players start bitching,GMs start looking harder at top draft prospects .He's in the last year of his contract if im not mistaken, and we could possible lose him to FA(probably get tagged) If the offer is right they could let him go. Hell Roy Williams has never put up the #s Smitty has, and Dallas gave a 1st and a 3rd for him.

He is a free agent in 2013.

I seriously doubt he will be traded he is a very vital part in having Cam continue to be successful only time we will trade him is if we some how find a true young #1 wr to replace him and that person is not on this team. And even then I doubt we trade him I'd love to see Smitty move to the slot.

I'm also sold on us not being very competitive this season. I'd love for us to be able to sneak into the playoffs this year but I don't think it's going to happen this is a young team that is showing a lot of promise even though we are 0-2. I'd love for us to be able to get some wins this season though I think we will shock a few teams this season. We have a couple of holes to fill on defense before next season Cb and DT. If we can get a few more solid NFL caliber players at those positions we will be ready to compete I truly am excited for the rest of this season.

I think what every one should do is just relax if we don't get that many wins this season. That's alright I don't know how any one could really expect us to go from a 2-14 season to a playoff caliber team.

good post. the only reason i think they could part ways w/him is cuz of his age. If he was younger wouldn't even be a thought of him being traded.

Archived