• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Sunday is definitely a must-win...

CardiacCats

Seems low. I wonder why the betting isn't pushing the line much higher.

It started at a flat 3.. so it's moving slowly. The real action will come.

I would not be surprised to see this game at -4.5 by Sunday.

If it doesn't move, I would not bet on this game no matter how good it looks. The oddsmakers may know something we don't..

It started at a flat 3.. so it's moving slowly. The real action will come.

I would not be surprised to see this game at -4.5 by Sunday.

If it doesn't move, I would not bet on this game no matter how good it looks. The oddsmakers may know something we don't..

I'm betting $400 on the panthers to cover and $400 on the under. Winnings from last week.

But I agree it means something that we are only -3.5...

we HAVE to beat the Jags at home. If not, we could be 0-6 to start the year and no matter what Cam is doing he will be critisized for not being able to get that first win under his belt. I'm highly nervous, we can't afford to lose to Luke McCown, but without TD and Beason no wins will be easy. I think after another good week of practice we will improve even more and I would be very surprised if we didn't win. Anyone else still extremely nervous and have similar opinions though? I'm almost dreading it...

Isnt every game a must win?

Isnt every game a must win?
In a few years, yes, that will be the case for us. But in a rebuilding year this is one of the few we will categorize as "must-win" because if Cam loses to Gabbert especially now, it's on. Even if it's a 45-42 shoot-out loss that is on the defense, haters will find a way to put it on Cam. I'm so nervous, ughh I want that win.

Pantherfan..... Everyone on this board wants the panthers to win. Because of the changes in the offseason, last 2 years results and the team injuries almost every Panther fan I have spoken to (outside of this board included) does not expect us to make the playoffs. That doesn't mean we aren't rooting for it, doesn't mean the team isn't trying for it, just don't expect it. If you expect it, cool, have at it. If you want to throw 4 year old tantrums when we don't win, hey knock yourself out. However your disbelief that anyone else feels different is crazy. I am positive that there are people feel like you do. I am also positive there are people who don't. Doesn't make anyone any more or less a fan.

^^^^This seems way too logical and reasonable. Could someone ban this poster, please?

The only reason this is a must win is so we don't have to read knee-jerk reactions regarding drafting Gabbert.

The running game should be able to show up against the Jags. The last two games have been entirely on Cam's shoulders, time for DWill and JStew to take some of the load.

And the mistakes, I am sure, have been gone over, and over, and over again, in meetings and such. Fumbles, picks, assignments, routes, they will continue to be cleaned up, or at least coached.

Jags are in for a helluva ride, as long as Panther's play solid football.

This game is big. No way around it. It is much bigger than week 1 or 2. It is the most winnable of the first 3 games considering the competition and location. And now Cam and the Panthers have two games under their belt. And improvement from week 1 to week two. If the Panthers do not win, a LOT of momentum will be lost.

This is a VERY big game, period.

I think the Panthers are good enough this year to have an outside shot at the playoffs if they can win just a couple they shouldn't down the stretch. But it all starts this Sunday. Big game and the Panthers WILL get it done. I'm gonna go ahead and take them in my survivor pool also as another vote of confidence.

Archived