• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Sunday is definitely a must-win...

CardiacCats

Expecting a playoff appearance this year is just asking to be let down. There is to much that needs to gel for that to happen. Not saying it can't but its highly unlikely.

From a realistic viewpoint, I'd look for the playoffs next year at the earliest.

So basically you don't think we can outperform the Falcons, Saints and Bucs. That's fine.

I really think we have a chance against them this year. They are NOT better than Green Bay and outside the Saints we were the only ones that had to play them. Saints got beat worse. And we did ok against GB the second game of the season with a rookie QB.

By the time we play our divisional games, we'll be even better, barring any more injuries.

What the heck happened to just looking for a win and being pissed if we don't get it? What happened to you guys? Man I hope this doesn't become the trend for this board.

2013: "Well we started 2-6, this year, as is customarily expected, but I really wanna talk about the positives and point out that this team has come such a long way and we are so close to being fully and completely built. "

I'd rather have the over-reactions. I'd rather have the crazies than have guys that talk like JOHN FOX! I thought we were rid of him for good, but oh no, his spirit lives on, it seems.

You guys were more pissed off, screaming bloody murder and asking for heads on a platter when we couldn't win with Moore's and Clausen's offense last year. How can you not be pissed if we don't win with our offense this year?

The Carolina Panthers: Rebuilding, one year at a time!

rebuilding-society-new-oreleans-katrina.jpg

Most fans with half a brain didn't expect this team to be a playoff contender this year. We are still a year maybe two away. Do I get angry when we lose? Of course. Do I not mind as much when we play better than expected and go toe to toe with the world champs? Absolutely. If all you care about is wins and loases then this is going to be a tough year for us. Most of us are more interested in watching this team grow and improve.

Most fans with half a brain didn't expect this team to be a playoff contender this year. We are still a year maybe two away. Do I get angry when we lose? Of course. Do I not mind as much when we play better than expected and go toe to toe with the world champs? Absolutely. If all you care about is wins and loases then this is going to be a tough year for us. Most of us are more interested in watching this team grow and improve.

If by most, you mean most members here....then I'd say maybe. If by most you mean most Panther fans.....:lol:

Most fans still don't understand what's so great about Cam Newton, and they watch the Panthers because they want to see them win on Sunday. You know, those that only watch games, don't really ever tune in to ESPN, don't really read stats, don't care about press conferences, or records or any of that mess. They just like watching their team on Sunday and want to make the playoffs every year. Yeah they outnumber the rest of us, greatly.

But just out of curiosity, what exactly do you expect to happen over the next two years that will make or will have made such a dramatic difference for us so far this season?

Because I really think we were one or two plays away from being 2-0.....not players and certainly not years of experience. But plays.

Pantherfan..... Everyone on this board wants the panthers to win. Because of the changes in the offseason, last 2 years results and the team injuries almost every Panther fan I have spoken to (outside of this board included) does not expect us to make the playoffs. That doesn't mean we aren't rooting for it, doesn't mean the team isn't trying for it, just don't expect it. If you expect it, cool, have at it. If you want to throw 4 year old tantrums when we don't win, hey knock yourself out. However your disbelief that anyone else feels different is crazy. I am positive that there are people feel like you do. I am also positive there are people who don't. Doesn't make anyone any more or less a fan.

Pantherfan..... Everyone on this board wants the panthers to win. Because of the changes in the offseason, last 2 years results and the team injuries almost every Panther fan I have spoken to (outside of this board included) does not expect us to make the playoffs. That doesn't mean we aren't rooting for it, doesn't mean the team isn't trying for it, just don't expect it. If you expect it, cool, have at it. If you want to throw 4 year old tantrums when we don't win, hey knock yourself out. However your disbelief that anyone else feels different is crazy. I am positive that there are people feel like you do. I am also positive there are people who don't. Doesn't make anyone any more or less a fan.

4 year old tantrums? You're saying it's childish to be pissed if we lose this year, because we shouldn't expect to win?

Archived