• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unbalanced Line (Video)

Tarheels23

I know when watching the game live, there's a lot of things that go unnoticed, but did anyone else catch the unbalanced line on the below play? Gross lined up outside of Bell on the QB keeper. Now Bell totally whiffed on his block, but I would love to see more of this with Otah back in the lineup.

Teams like the Ravens and Jets use a unbalance line on a lot of their power runs.

bd_3.gif

Question for ya'll would Shockey be an eligible reciever in this formation? Since he's not covered up on the line by a WR I assume he would be but not positive. Could set up a nice route for him in the flats if the 2 wrs run their guys off.

Good question!

Yes he would!

If you notice both receivers outside of him are off the ball, which makes him eligible.

If bell doesn't miss his block then this goes for a big run. This play looks like the popular Power play that im pretty sure every team used. When there are plays designed for the QB to run the offense is at an advantage. It's a man on man blocking scheme In which every defender is accounted for except the free safety. I'll take can against a free safety everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. This is why the wildcat was so effective when it first got implemented in the NFL. Teams easily made adjustments because with the sildcat formation you know who is going to get the ball. With Cam as our QB he presents another challenge for the defense because of his ability as a runner. As our line begins to gel better you will see this play go for big gains

Archived