• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler Formally Requests Trade

dham278

if he was doing it on that alone, yes. if it was including that with other info like his TD/INT ratio, no...i don't have a problem.

gantt is being incredibly disingenuous.

firstly, the difference is jake's 1.51 to Cutler's 1.46 which is barely a difference at all. second, it's unfair to judge such a small sample size to a large one, especially for something as complicated as quarterback. undoubtedly cutler's ratio will get better, as it has every year he's been in the league.

lastly, it'd be far more useful to compare their years. They've only played full seasons at the same time once, and Cutler was much better than Jake last year, and Jake could lean on the best running game in football.

There is no comparison between the two of them.

we can't work a deal out.

WE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO ANYTHING REGARDING TRADING PEPPERS!!!

WE CAN NOT NEGOTIATE!!!!

Okay first off, you are an enormous douchebag. Secondly, Peppers and his agent can certainly look for potential suitors. The Panthers might not be able to dangle him to other teams, but that doesn't mean that he won't be traded/can't be traded. Lrn2football kthx

blah blah blah. Cutler will not be traded to Carolina. Carolina doesn't need him, Cutler would be unwilling to be benched for at least a year in Delhomme's shadow, etc etc etc.

/end thread, honestly. He'll land somewhere where they actually need a quarterback. Possibly Tampa, San Fran, Chicago, Detroit, New York (Jets), etc.

Carolina doesn't have the picks, nor the players to trade for Cutler.

Done.

blah blah blah. Cutler will not be traded to Carolina. Carolina doesn't need him, Cutler would be unwilling to be benched for at least a year in Delhomme's shadow, etc etc etc.

/end thread.

LOL who said that he'd sit behind Jake? He'd be the obvious starter. I don't see it happening either, but to say we don't need him, well, we do, we need A QB that is for the future.

Right now, Cutler is reminding me more of Jeff George than John Elway, so I'm not so sure which one we would be getting if we did trade for him.

It should make people think twice when they look back on what our defense did to Cutler in December. What other QB did the Panthers shut down during that stretch?

LOL who said that he'd sit behind Jake? He'd be the obvious starter. I don't see it happening either, but to say we don't need him, well, we do, we need A QB that is for the future.

Yes, Panthers will need a new franchise QB, but not this year (unless Jake were to go down). Jake's performance this upcoming year will certainly dictate where the Panthers go. But he is solid for the time being. The Panthers simply don't have a pressing need for another QB at this time.

Okay first off, you are an enormous douchebag. Secondly, Peppers and his agent can certainly look for potential suitors. The Panthers might not be able to dangle him to other teams, but that doesn't mean that he won't be traded/can't be traded. Lrn2football kthx
you're awesome.

another with the personal attacks.

you guys are cool.

i didn't say he couldn't be traded. i said we can't enter into discussions with other teams about him.

if you don't like the message attack the messenger.

awesome.

Cutler is a gamble that could pay off huge.

problem here is Jake is old, questionable elbow and has had two horrible playoff games. His years are numbered, while Cutler could be a 10 plus year Elite QB.

Thinking long term it could pay off big, otherwise we still have to think QB of the future at some point. And I for one would like to have a Top 10, pro-bowl caliber year in and year out QB. Partly because I'd like to win a Super Bowl

Yes, Panthers will need a new franchise QB, but not this year (unless Jake were to go down). Jake's performance this upcoming year will certainly dictate where the Panthers go. But he is solid for the time being. The Panthers simply don't have a pressing need for another QB at this time.

Its simple, would replacing Jake Delhomme with Jay Cutler make us a better team than keeping Julius Peppers?

The answer is no. We are built as a run first team that plays defense. Jake killed us in the AZ game. However he won us some games too. Jake just needs to cut back on the mistakes. That can be taught/coached/game planned for. What Jake can't do, is tackle or sack the other teams QB. Our offense is fine. Defense is where the need is.

the alcohol problems he had wasn't the cause of the other problems he had but it made them worse. he had a weak mind that couldn't handle the pressures and turned to alcohol.

cutler may not deal with his issues the way that collins did but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have issues that would end up being detrimental to a team like young and collins were.

how he is handling this situation could very well be indicators of some issues he has. if they didn't surface now, they would down the road. i'd rather that not be the panthers having to handle them.

collins was weak and had some issues, but he turned to more than Alcohol whether he ever got busted and it known publicly or not....I've heard some stories from people who were in that scene at the time and worked at some of the clubs he visited. He use to throw parties on lake norman that were pretty infamous from what I recall

Archived