• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler Formally Requests Trade

dham278

Gantt comments: I'd pass on Cutler

The last of the many e-mails came from Brook, who wondered why the Panthers wouldn't be interested in begging-to-be-traded Jay Cutler.

How about because they've been down this road once already?

Once upon a time, the Panthers had a quarterback with the big arm, the swagger, the talent pouring out his ears. Unfortunately, he was his own biggest impediment to success, and didn't realize it until years later.

Does he have talent? Does he have potential? Of course.

But there's more to being a quarterback than having physical talent. Much more. And the way he's stomping his foot right now, I'm not sure Cutler understands the difference.

Worth noting:

Here's what we know about Cutler. He's 17-20 as a starter, and his TD-to-Int ratio is worse than the guy the 10-percenter Panthers fans want to run out of town right now.

I characterized the "Peppers for Cassel" idea as Michael Strahan for Scott Mitchell.

Peppers for Cutler would be Michael Strahan for Ryan Leaf.

You have got to be kidding me...you can sit there and equate Peppers with Strahan then on the other hand equate Cutler for Leaf?

You are eating too much of the bird seed if you think Peppers is anywhere close to being Strahan-esque

I think Cutler is getting like $1 mil a year, it was a late first round Rookie contract.

Jake is making what, 7 mil? combine him with Peppers and this is probably not feasible if the broncos wanted to do it b/c of cap space.

Broncos have well over 25 Million in cap space for 2009... its feasible..

lines like this from gantt

Here's what we know about Cutler. He's 17-20 as a starter, and his TD-to-Int ratio is worse than the guy the 10-percenter Panthers fans want to run out of town right now.

make me wonder why so many people hold up his analysis as gospel

does Cutler have a Drug and Alcohol problem like Collins did though, or is it all attitude? That would be what I'd want to know if I was in position to make such a move.

Collins is infamous around town for some things he was doing(and getting away with).

the alcohol problems he had wasn't the cause of the other problems he had but it made them worse. he had a weak mind that couldn't handle the pressures and turned to alcohol.

cutler may not deal with his issues the way that collins did but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have issues that would end up being detrimental to a team like young and collins were.

how he is handling this situation could very well be indicators of some issues he has. if they didn't surface now, they would down the road. i'd rather that not be the panthers having to handle them.

Archived