• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler Formally Requests Trade

dham278

I suspect that if Cutler is traded, that Tampa would be a key player.

They tried to get a QB previously.

We are absolutely wedded to Delhomme and until Fox is fired, that will not change.

It will not matter what Delhomme does, or does not do, how he performs or does not perform. He is Fox's guy and no matter how many regular games or playoff games Jake personally squanders, it just won't matter.

Let's remind ourselves that it was only absolute, total desperation that lead Fox to replace Rodney Peete with Delhomme in 2003.

I suspect that if Cutler is traded, that Tampa would be a key player.

They tried to get a QB previously.

We are absolutely wedded to Delhomme and until Fox is fired, that will not change.

It will not matter what Delhomme does, or does not do, how he performs or does not perform. He is Fox's guy and no matter how many regular games or playoff games Jake personally squanders, it just won't matter.

Let's remind ourselves that it was only absolute, total desperation that lead Fox to replace Rodney Peete with Delhomme in 2003.

Yeah, he held onto Wahle, Harwig, Morgan, Marlon McCree... Fox is loyal until he's not. This total loyalty crap is just laughable. It's football people and when coach thinks you can't go anymore, you're outta here. Until then he'll stick to you whether fans want him gone or not something that a coach should do. He's doing his job people, I can't understand how you don't see that.

See fans are always dealing with hind vision, while coaches are always dealing with forward vision, it kinda goes with the territory...

Yeah, he held onto Wahle, Harwig, Morgan, Marlon McCree... Fox is loyal until he's not. This total loyalty crap is just laughable. It's football people and when coach thinks you can't go anymore, you're outta here. Until then he'll stick to you whether fans want him gone or not something that a coach should do. He's doing his job people, I can't understand how you don't see that.

See fans are always dealing with hind vision, while coaches are always dealing with forward vision, it kinda goes with the territory...

So you call holding on to an aging mid thirties QB with no viable long term solution in sight looking forward?

I beg to differ. I think it's exactly the opposite of what you stated. Had Delhomme been 26 and throwing 5 interceptions in a playoff game, the story would be different for me. (I can't vouch for anyone else though)

but that's all i have to say. I'll shut up now.

Yeah, he held onto Wahle, Harwig, Morgan, Marlon McCree... Fox is loyal until he's not. This total loyalty crap is just laughable.

...Rucker, and Minter, and Peete, and Nick Goings, the list is long.

..and not trying to upset the apple cart because I love John Kasay, but, there are kickers just as good, younger, who can kick-off without taking up a 2nd roster spot for kicking.

Fox's loyality it seems, becomes less when a fire is light under his ass.

I don't attribute that to being foward thinking.

The Pats coach is forward thinking, if you'd like a comparison.

This isn't personal.

Here's my forward vision. John Fox will never win a Super Bowl with Jake Delhomme at QB. John Fox will never bench Jake Delhomme, only a Delhomme injury, Fox's being fired, or Delhomme retiring will have him out of Carolina.

If 6 turn-overs by one player in the biggest game of the year was not enough for a QB change, during the game, forget about after the season, what is?

Oh wait, I know, he gives us the best chance to win.

So you call holding on to an aging mid thirties QB with no viable long term solution in sight looking forward?

I beg to differ. I think it's exactly the opposite of what you stated. Had Delhomme been 26 and throwing 5 interceptions in a playoff game, the story would be different for me. (I can't vouch for anyone else though)

but that's all i have to say. I'll shut up now.

I don't believe I mentioned Delhomme at all, I'm pretty certain of it. Delhomme comes into play because there really are no options except Cutler, which would be too expensive when we are so close and need defense so badly. I fully expect that QB will be addressed next year. I'm pretty happy with what we have on offense this year. That's my opinion, yours might be different. None of your post defeats the premise..

Yeah, he held onto Wahle, Harwig, Morgan, Marlon McCree... Fox is loyal until he's not. This total loyalty crap is just laughable.

sweet, a post that's easy as hell to tear apart.

Wahle was literally decaying. Fox is loyal until the person can't raise their arm above their head. Hartwig was allowed to start at center even when it was blatantly clear he couldn't play the position anymore and kalil was chomping at the bit, rotting on the bench. Dan Morgan was given Will Witherspoon's contract and relied on to the be starter for years after it was obvious to everyone he couldn't make it through a figure skating competition, let alone football. Marlon McCree played one season here, so I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

On the other hand, there are numerous examples of Fox preferring veteran players over better, younger, less experienced ones. Foster is the most obvious example. Rucker was sent out there when he could barely stand. Carter and Colbert were given preference over a younger Dwayne Jarrett in 07 when it was obvious that neither had any upside at all. This year Barnidge was sitting on the bench on passing downs while Jeff King struggled to run five yards and turn. Richard Marshall should have been starting over Ken Lucas in 07. it goes on and on.

the only thing that persuades him otherwise is cost-benefit, or if the player just physically can't play anymore, and even then he makes exceptions.

It is apparent that Jake is losing arm strength. For example for the first play in the Green Bay, the flea flicker. Moose had ten yards on the defender but jake under threw him and had to come back to the ball. Moose fumbled the ball which wasnt jake's fault but if he would have led Moose then it would have been a touchdown. It is clear he is loosing his touch but he is 34 and came off of elbow surgery. Rather you like him or not he is the leader of the offense. When he went down two years ago we crumbled, no one took leadership.

To Cutler, I dont want him with the Panthers. He is 17-20 as a starter. I dont want to hear the reason is because of the defense. He is supposed to be a leader and acts like a cry baby. Had a playoff spot locked up and lost three straight to finish the season. Even if we would try to trade for him we have nothing to trade him for. No first, and a Peppers-Culter sway will not happen.

I think the FO is fine with Moore as the backup and eventual successor. I havent seen enough of Moore besides his three starts but I am fine with him taking over after next season. In three starts Moore had a 62% completion, 564 yards, and a 3-2 td-int ratio.

Culter trade will not happen though

sweet, a post that's easy as hell to tear apart.

Wahle was literally decaying. Fox is loyal until the person can't raise their arm above their head. Hartwig was allowed to start at center even when it was blatantly clear he couldn't play the position anymore and kalil was chomping at the bit, rotting on the bench. Dan Morgan was given Will Witherspoon's contract and relied on to the be starter for years after it was obvious to everyone he couldn't make it through a figure skating competition, let alone football. Marlon McCree played one season here, so I'm not even sure what you're talking about.

Every instance is a perfect example of what I was saying, but you fail to see. You are looking hindsite, but it was happening in foresite. Sorry it's so hard to see, it's not easy from that angle. I do it all the time in college basketball, I understand it. Tell me what's going to happen next year and let's let it happen and then I'll believe you to be the dali lama you profess to be...

Every instance is a perfect example of what I was saying, but you fail to see. You are looking hindsite, but it was happening in foresite. Sorry it's so hard to see, it's not easy from that angle. I do it all the time in college basketball, I understand it. Tell me what's going to happen next year and let's let it happen and then I'll believe you to be the dali lama you profess to be...

neo-dodging-bullets.jpg

and my prediction for next year: you'll still suck

Peppers to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick? LOL F*ck that! 2 scenario's that make perfect sense for the Panthers...1.) Trade Peppers to the Chiefs for the #3 overall draft pick. With that pick draft Mark Sanchez from USC an absolute stud with a cannon of an arm. 2.) Trade Peppers and (Mr. if I was practicing football instead of making Bojangels commercials I might not throw 6 picks in the biggest game of Panthers franchise history) for Jay Cutler and a 2nd round draft pick where they could find a replacement DE.

Peppers to the Patriots for a 2nd round pick? LOL F*ck that! 2 scenario's that make perfect sense for the Panthers...1.) Trade Peppers to the Chiefs for the #3 overall draft pick. With that pick draft Mark Sanchez from USC an absolute stud with a cannon of an arm. 2.) Trade Peppers and (Mr. if I was practicing football instead of making Bojangels commercials I might not throw 6 picks in the biggest game of Panthers franchise history) for Jay Cutler and a 2nd round draft pick where they could find a replacement DE.

how about the scenario where i trade you for a pit of brazilian lesbians because that's about as probabl3 as the lunacy you just outlined.

Archived