• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cutler Formally Requests Trade

dham278

Yea I don't see how you try to say we want Jake gone because we dislike him.

Then you talk about something that is personally wrong with Cutler.

poo I don't recall anyone taking shots at Jake's family or him personally.

I guess that's the fall back, when all else fails, personally attack people.

attacking posters is one thing. I personally do not care in the slightest, especially when they are being obnoxious. Attacking a player personally, who has never been in any trouble is an entirely different thing. It just shows how desperate these jake snugglers are getting.

crolls...I think there's a difference between being UPSET over the thought of being traded (which I don't blame him for, most players would be), and WHINING CONSTANTLY IN THE MEDIA about it (which is babyish).

As for your point about attacking Cutler becase he has diabetes, I agree. But come on dude, you have personally insulted Jake a hillion jillion times with namecalling and he certainly is ZERO of an issue off the field.

You must not have read this board much in the last 2-3 years then. I don't remember anybody making fun of his family, but there have been plenty of personal insults directed at Jake Delhomme around here.

Outside of the Lloyd Christmas thing I really don't recall any.

Saying he sucks is not always a personal attack either. I like the guy and I want him to be good. I happily ate crow for the first half of last year and then got fvcked for it. I should have known better. I DID know better and still bought in and admitted as much plenty of times on this board.

He just isn't good and he's even less consistent.

crolls...I think there's a difference between being UPSET over the thought of being traded (which I don't blame him for, most players would be), and WHINING CONSTANTLY IN THE MEDIA about it (which is babyish).

These days, you just have to say it once, and every media outlet repeats it ad nauseum.

He is unhappy and wants out

he was lied to...not by front office but by his brand new head coach

He is doing whatever he can to get out and, AND is gonna do whatever he can to prove his worth wherever he lands after making this much noise and showing that he has this much pride.

The media is making a big deal out of it too. The guy is the face of the franchise and was lied to by his boss. A new boss just brought in. Put yourself in his shoes.

he hasn't gone Kenny Powers just yet.

I've been lied to by my bosses (I don't think that he was LIED TO, but that's a different story), but I didn't take it out on my co-workers which is basically what he is doing by speaking of it once, or a billion times in the media. He is setting his teammates up to have to be PRO JAY or ANTI JAY. And to have to answer questions about him. Neither of which would have happened had he kept his lip zipped. UGH.

This isn't the only thing that makes me dislike him. And certainly being in a new offense supposedly being a leadership position on the team and refusing to be there for the offseason stuff is not something I would ever want to see out of a QB.

CRolls

^^^^^ fan of players

me-------> fan of teams -- no player is bigger than the team.

poo happens, The NFL is a business.

not daddy day care, maybe when you grow up and get your head out of your ass you will realize this.

Except for Jake.

Except for Jake.

Not true at all, I have no problem seeing another QB starting for Carolina, but THIS WHOLE TRADE for Cutler (i.e. problem) is not ideal, smart, or even plausable.

You get rid of a player who the FO cant force to be the Franchise player for one who's FO cant get past "himself"

sounds familiar.

Jakes years are almost over, we need to be actively looking/planning for his successor, a spoiled brat like Cutler isnt going in the right direction.

The QB position is a position of leadership, dedication, influence, and intelligence.

So far all Cutler has displayed is "a big arm".

It takes more to make it in the NFL.

Archived