• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unacceptable numbers from Chud

TheRealDeal

I'd like to see more balance, but play calling isn't what did us in. We've amassed a ton of offense, just don't have the points or wins to show for ir and there are a lot of reasons for that.

He's still learning our players and strengths, so I expect improvement. I don't want to Cam have to shoulder the load every week though

this

watching the game, my assumption was chud said "hey, they think we're gonna run to try to keep rodgers off the field. fug 'em." i'll be the first to say "look, we lost both games. who cares if he threw for 800+ yards." but i left the bar today wondering if chud's approach is to pass extensively so teams start to respect it, so that he can set up a more balanced attack by mid-season. there has to be a method to the madness.

or i was saying it should have been a run play from the beginning. you have a rookie qb and Nannee as your number 2 WR with two running backs who are the only tandem in history to rush for over 1100 in the same season, pound the ball in.

The run was as ineffective as claiming you have a source that says Hurney is trying to trade for a CB from the Eagles.

Cam: 10 rushes

Dwill/Stew: 11 rushes

Shockey/Olsen: 4 Catches

Dwill/Stew: 12 Catches

Cam: 46 attempts

Amazingly enough we agree for the first time in ....well maybe ever.

We can not win relying on a Rookie QB's arm against D primed to stop a passing attack.

Running game must improve for any kind of success.

Cam: 10 rushes

Dwill/Stew: 11 rushes

Shockey/Olsen: 4 Catches

Dwill/Stew: 12 Catches

Cam: 46 attempts

What should Chud do.....continuing running RBs that are getting 2 yards a carry?

I agree the run/pass ratio is absurd.......but realistically what should he do? Going heavy w/ Cam's passing is the only reason we are staying in these games.

I got no problem w/ going to the RBs heavily today....Stewart was great as a reciever today.

What I thought was a big problem was the TE targets. That was GBs weakness.......we did it early and late. But the TEs disappeared in the middle of the game.....and that should of never happened.

Balance was horrible in this game, we have 2 of the best running backs in the NFL and we don't use them, I think if the Panthers were more balanced it would have cut down on Turnovers and slowed the game down a little bit giving us more of a shot at winning this game.

well, we all agree we need to run more....and take some of this absurd pressure off Cam. That ain't a winning formula for a QB this green.

But Williams/Stewart are literally doing nothing on the ground......so if we use them more it is realistic to assume right now....it just leads to 3 and outs and no offense.

Don't think they are the issue until the guys in front of them and can generate holes for them......what does running them more do for us?

I cant believe no one has said what Rivera said to the first reporter who asked him this question after the game:

AZ and GB stacked the box the whole game which is why Cam has been throwing so much. Eventually teams aren't going to stack the box as much and it will allow the Panthers to run.

Why the hell would we continue to run the ball when GB has 7 and 8 in the box continuously?

I cant believe no one has said what Rivera said to the first reporter who asked him this question after the game:

AZ and GB stacked the box the whole game which is why Cam has been throwing so much. Eventually teams aren't going to stack the box as much and it will allow the Panthers to run.

Why the hell would we continue to run the ball when GB has 7 and 8 in the box continuously?

Double Trouble...became "Double Trouble" running against 7 and 8 man fronts. Run game just sucks right now. Clausen got more help from the ground game.

I don't really think you can judge an offense by rushing yards, throws to the tight ends versus wide receivers without putting it into the context of what the defense was giving us and looking at the bigger issues. Offense is about moving the chains, converting third downs and scoring points. If you only rush for 10 yards but throw for 400 yards, score points and put your team in a position to win, only a fool would complain and nitpick that.

Sure Stewart and Williams didn't rush for that many yards but Stewart did catch passes for 100 yards which is just an extension of the run game. Between Newton's running as well as the total yards by Williams and Stwart, we had a 200 yard day. I just don't understand why it matters whether we get the yards on a run or a screen, as long as we move the ball.

I know everyone has turned into an analyst and want to dissect each play or aspect of the game, but for me I am going to watch as we develop and refine our approach excited to see how our offense gels over time. After last year I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Archived