• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Call of Duty 4 R.I.P.

Zaximus

I seriously believe that I'm never going to play this game again, that's how I feel right now. After this weekend, I have came to the conclusion that people have ruined a once great game and now it's just as retarded as Halo 3, but at least Halo was designed to do some things that happen.

1) Modded controllers. Everyone has them now, it's horrible, obviously Microsux isn't doing anything about it.

2) No scope snipers. Need I say more? People jumping around and no scoping you. I know it's a game, but just a LITTLE realism? Someone shouldn't be able to jump 20 feet off a building and no scope me in mid-air. I can run up on someone and shoot them 10 times with a MP5 and then they 1 shot no-scope me.

3) Grenades. Everyone has 3 frag perk, while this isn't as bad cause it's a perk, people live off them and do nothing else.

4) Just camping/sniping period. Used to be 1-2 on a team now it's about 4-5 people and it's truly boring and has ruined this.

5) Something is up with this game. People don't die anymore like they used too. They now have a chance to turn around and no scope you even after 10 bullets to the back (without Juggernaut mind you).

6) Things that bug out. UAV jammer is NOT working half the time, even with dead silence people can turn around and smash you with UAV going on, it seems to bug out, and this seems to have just started.

7) Drop an air-strike on their whole team's faces, and you get 0-1 kills. Makes no sense. Total inconsistency on how this works. Same with Chopper, I usually get 1-2 kills, other team gets like 5.

8) M16's. Total easy mode, everyone uses them now. One pull of the trigger, instant kill. This would be fine if all guns worked like this. They don't.

I used to be very very good at this game. I had a 1.35 ratio about 3 weeks ago and it's went to a 1.31 . I didn't take a break, change tactics, or anything. The game has just went completely down hill in that many weeks. Horrible. This is 360 version, I don't know how the others are.

So I might just play single player games. Sucks, I have friends I got into xbox for CoD, they don't get on much anyway though. Maybe it's inevitable for a game to suck when people are involved, I don't know.

I didn't have those problems last night but today it was stupid with how much crap I had to put up with, and I have been seeing the mid Air no scope thing all of a sudden, you used to see it every once in a while but today it seemed like there was 1 or 2 people in every game that were doing it, and there were some people that are just straight up sniping in domination even though we were beating they're asses, ruined my K/d for the round and basically did no good for they're team.

and if that wasn't bad enough every single round where I started to really go off on some one where I could have gone 50-10 or something like that for a round the other team would drop out, it's bad enough I've been having bad games more frequently then I used to but now when I do have a good one those assholes drop out, and there goes my chance to off set the bad rounds I had. I had once stretch today where I had 5 rounds in a row where someone dropped out in the first 2 minutes of the game and BAM!!! "host ended game".

I dropped 0.01 in my k/d ratio today and I have right at 45.000 kills which means it takes me forever to drop at all at this point for me. I think for the day I broke even with is pretty bad for me considering I have been averaging at least a 2.0 k/d for the past month.

I think I'm going to be playing more Halo, at least with that game I'm expecting the mid air no scope.

BTW I also saw something else new today, and I think there has to be a hack out there for the game, one guy got host earlier today and he ended the game 3 times in a row without exiting the room so he could get the map that he wanted, and if he aint hacking the game I'm Tom Cruise.

Well I'm a big time sniper so you can suck it in that regard. But I agree that the game has become Halo-esque. I hardly play those games anymore. I usually play Madden which is also a bs game but im good at it and Grand Theft Auto.
I understand Sniping if your trying to actually snipe to help your team but some of the crap that I have seen and what he's talking about can hardly be considered sniping it's just the guns that they are using are sniper rifles.

and like I said in my post if your playing Domination and 3 guys out of a 6 man team are just sitting there sniping while they're team is loosing, they aren't playing the game in a way that helps they're team, they're just padding they're stats and being a pain in my ass but not really stopping me from beating them. and that happened a lot.

It's not just sniping so much that is lame. I understand you got to deal with snipers in all these games, But to be able to kill me up close, that's unreal. Maybe a lucky panic shot here and there, but to use it as a strategy, it's just ridiculous. I don't mind a couple snipers on the other team, if they actually snipe, because I can get around them, that's part of the game, as annoying as it is, at least it's intended to be like that.

I wish I knew a ton of people that played, I'd just run private matches every night.

It's not just sniping so much that is lame. I understand you got to deal with snipers in all these games, But to be able to kill me up close, that's unreal. Maybe a lucky panic shot here and there, but to use it as a strategy, it's just ridiculous. I don't mind a couple snipers on the other team, if they actually snipe, because I can get around them, that's part of the game, as annoying as it is, at least it's intended to be like that.

I wish I knew a ton of people that played, I'd just run private matches every night.

Just run with Gold and I. We had a team of 6 yesterday and we were crushing people. I hate just getting into a match with random people. You always get these kids that go around the whole map in the prone position and causing you to spawn as far away from the hq as possible. I have a lot of fun still with this game if im with people i know. If im by myself i tend to throw the controller across the room. My girl friend has cut me off from playing alone to. She said she can't take the screaming and yelling anymore.

glitchers can ruin any game.. I saw it happen with the old SOCOM's... I actually modded my controller for SOCOM 2.. I moved the R3 button to an added a switch that I had rigged into the shell.. That way, I didn't accidentally push down too hard in the heat of battle and change my fire rate to single shot instead of fully automatic...

Whats this modded controller you speak of?

You can either buy them off Ebay or do it yourself (you can buy kits). Basically you put a chip in there so that it turns semi-automatic weapons into fully automatic (G3, pistols, .50 cal etc). The reason it's so lame, is the G3 is godly when done like this. The game creators made the weapon powerful, super accurate, and with no recoil cause they INTENDED on it being single shot to balance it out. When you make it fully automatic, it's totally unfair. Same thing with pistols being fully auto.

Well I'm doing better with the game now, it still irks me but I can tolerate it. It does help with friends and yeah I don't play solo at all, too much mind-numbering BS to handle.

Yeah you would figure they could calculate the rate and see it's not right. Watch your killcam's when you get killed by a G3. 95% of the time when someone uses a G3 in CoD4 it's a modded controller. You can totally tell the difference between a speedy trigger finger and a mod.

As a game gets older, the exploits become more apparent to players and they use them more. It's just part of a game getting older. It's like all the easter eggs in Super Mario Bros.

And yeah, I understand the modding thing getting annoying, but that's part of the whole getting older thing too. You gotta know the game pretty well in order to know which aspect of it to mod.

Modded controllers really have nothing to do with how long a game is. It's a hardware mod. Works with all FPS's that use the right trigger to fire the gun. I think it's been around for a while but steadily became more popular as more people started playing 360 FPS's online (first Halo3 but then CoD4, 5, etc).

I can understand kids wanting to cheat, but when you have grown men on here cheating with a modded controller, it's pathetic.

It will be fixed in modern 2. They already fixed it in World at War. If you shoot to fast with a non auto the gun jams up. It gives you a cool down period. Only thing that sucks is the timing on it cause you can still jam it up by having a quick trigger finger. I'm sure it will be worked out.

Archived