• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Huddle: Newton a surprise?

Tarheels23

did faulk someone to name one corner back on the cards? the freaking 5 pick in the draft is a corner back for the cards

Yeah, but that's a strawman argument from hell from Marshall Faulk.

I bet if Deion Sanders said "Name a Cornerback for the _____" and put in a team with a high profile for heavy D, Faulk would stumble to come up with a name as well.

Is Arizona's D lackluster? Sure. But how many people threw for 420+ yards on them last year, or will this year?

It's gonna be a short list.

He came out on twitter right after the game and admitted he was wrong and that Cam played a great game.
he was also in on a media call a couple days ago that he spoke very favorably about newton and the job he did. he didn't go so far to say we should expect to see that often or that the cards game defined him (which it shouldn't) but he's looking at cam very differently now than he was prior to the game.

now....mike mayock is a guy i would like to hear talk about cam newton post AZ game.

he was also in on a media call a couple days ago that he spoke very favorably about newton and the job he did. he didn't go so far to say we should expect to see that often or that the cards game defined him (which it shouldn't) but he's looking at cam very differently now than he was prior to the game.

now....mike mayock is a guy i would like to hear talk about cam newton post AZ game.

He'd be the first one to say "That was a good game, but they lost. And he won't repeat this performance for a long time."

He'd be the first one to say "That was a good game, but they lost. And he won't repeat this performance for a long time."
I don't doubt it. I'm not sure he could admit he was wrong. to my knowledge he never admitted that he was wrong when he said that gerald mccoy >> suh or other mistakes he's made.

As an Arizona fan, I just wanted to say great game and I feel extremely fortunate to get the win last sunday. I was at the game and may have witnessed the greatest single game performance by any rookie in the history of the NFL. Not sure if there has ever been a better one but Cam's performance was incredible. That being said, any fan of any team should be embarassed of themselves if they vote for anyone other than Cam for rookie of the week. Good luck the rest of the season

Is this the same Mike Mayock who only started talking up Blaine Gabbert as the best QB of 2011 draft after his friend Tom Condon took Blaine on as a client? Yep, Mike Mayock is a man with some real integrity.:rolleyes:

Archived