• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Only 2 active QB's for a AZ game per Person

blackcat

Yep.

There will be no official number two this season.

If Cam plays every snap-Lord willing he does unless we're blowing them out of the water-then we may not ever find out who that number "two" is.

Especially if practices are closed.

My guess is that Rivera will work both of them with the second team throughout the year, and whoever would come in to replace Cam will depend on the game situation. If it's a close game, it's Anderson, if we are dominating it'll be Jimbo.

:cam:

Yep.

There will be no official number two this season.

If Cam plays every snap-Lord willing he does unless we're blowing them out of the water-then we may not ever find out who that number "two" is.

Especially if practices are closed.

My guess is that Rivera will work both of them with the second team throughout the year, and whoever would come in to replace Cam will depend on the game situation. If it's a close game, it's Anderson, if we are dominating it'll be Jimbo.

Not sure I would expect this. They have to declare their inactives before the game, so if the idea is to carry an extra wideout, one of the three will be declared inactive pre-game.

IIRC one of the beat writers tweeted that RR said yesterday he still hasn't decided whether Clausen or DA is the #2. I got the feeling that it was Clausen for some reason though.

I don't really care because I hope, pray, and believe we won't ever need the #2 this year.

Yeah, but there will be an official number 2 if only 2 guys are active. What Rivera said was the third guy(Clausen) won't be active because that frees up another roster spot. Nanee and Edwards can both play 3rd QB in the unlikely event the top two guys go down. Not like the Jimmy would be leading us to victory in that situation anyway.

Yeah, but there will be an official number 2 if only 2 guys are active. What Rivera said was the third guy(Clausen) won't be active because that frees up another roster spot. Nanee and Edwards can both play 3rd QB in the unlikely event the top two guys go down. Not like the Jimmy would be leading us to victory in that situation anyway.

Rivera never said Clausen was the no. 3.

If I understand this right, Anderson can still be there even though he isn't active. All it means is that he doesn't dress out for the game. He can still be on the sidelines talking to Cam. If that's the case, don't be surprised to see Jimmy as the "official" number 2.

God I hope DA is the #2.

If Cam gets injured or really sucks, I have confidence that DA can run this team.

JC has shown zero ability to do that.

Archived