• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

re: what woooed Rivera to Cam article

grateflday

I am sure this is on here somewhere, but I couldnt find it SOOO I am posting it. I enjoyed reading the article and am sure others will... and if I cant find it here on the huddle maybe they havent seen it either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au3JpsZK4cjk8i97vrs7OdVDubYF?slug=lc-carpenter_cam_newton_panthers_090511&utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

I am sure this is on here somewhere, but I couldnt find it SOOO I am posting it. I enjoyed reading the article and am sure others will... and if I cant find it here on the huddle maybe they havent seen it either.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au3JpsZK4cjk8i97vrs7OdVDubYF?slug=lc-carpenter_cam_newton_panthers_090511&utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

Plus rep. Will read it later.

Hadn't seen this, good article - thanks!

Its a great read. I almost posted it earlier today.

This quote is awesome.

-----If Rivera has a frustration with Newton it’s that the quarterback has not been a bigger personality. One day, as Newton looked especially frustrated, Rivera pulled the quarterback aside and said, “You can’t be hard on yourself.”

Newton, he says, looked at him and said: “Yes, Coach, but you know why? Because in that huddle are a group of guys that are Pro Bowl players and guys who have been to a Super Bowl. I want to make those guys proud.”------

Good read

I always said you could question certain things about Cam, accuracy,footwork, but the "it" factor and leadership aren't some of them. With some of the top QB picks in the draft you have to question their mental make up and if they have what it takes to deal with the highs and lows that come with being a starter in the league. Not Cam.

-----If Rivera has a frustration with Newton it’s that the quarterback has not been a bigger personality. One day, as Newton looked especially frustrated, Rivera pulled the quarterback aside and said, “You can’t be hard on yourself.”

Newton, he says, looked at him and said: “Yes, Coach, but you know why? Because in that huddle are a group of guys that are Pro Bowl players and guys who have been to a Super Bowl. I want to make those guys proud.”------

This looks like it came out of some made for TV movie...

Archived