• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson

Hairless Cat

I dont see Cam as ready as he shoud be given the limited season but I see pros leading with Cam if the coaches feel he is ready.My only point is if you lead with Anderson and he sucks you put Cam in.If you put Cam in and he is not ready what does that do for us or him? I defer to the coaches decision if he is ready.

most polished and best quarterback on the team - by far - he should be starting for us but probably wont - which I dont get.

Cool. Now, while you sit at home on Sundays coaching from your lazy-boy and eating Cheetohs, let the coaching staff make those kind of calls. They know more about the game and about both players than you do.

anderson will be a fine backup.

the team needs to be looking forward. they are in rebuild mode and while this team is rebuilding, they need to have it rebuilding with the guy that is going to be playing QB for the next few years. cam needs experience and the team needs experience with him.

sitting him on the sidelines won't benefit him any more than getting him in the game.

if DA was significantly better than cam and the team was dramatically better with him on the field, then i could see DA starting, but that just isn't the case.

cam is good enough to start. he may make a lot of mistakes and he might not be playing at all pro level for a while...crap...he might not even win many games, but he's still good enough to start. he has a basic understanding of the offense that is growing. he has shown he can get the ball down the field. he has improved over the course of the pre-season and the team (coaches and players) loves him.

he is their QB and they are willing to allow him room to grow while he plays because the benefits of letting him get experience far outweighs trying to play it safe with him and trying to protect him from those mean old defenses out there that he needs to learn to read anyways.

they have confidence that they have put together enough talent around him that he won't have to carry the team on his shoulders and that will make the transition easier, and they have confidence in his ability to learn and grow and be able to handle the pressures that will come his way.

he isn't david carr. he isn't vince young. he has faced adversity before and much criticism and learned how to succeed at the highest level he's been asked to perform. he's strong mentally, emotionally, and physically. he has a great work ethic and an impressive ability to learn. more than all of that, he brings an attitude that is needed to the team. call it swagger or whatever...but it's the stuff that makes people play at higher levels than what they normally would and it's infectious.

DA has shown that when the pressure is on him, he cracks.

cam is the starter now and for good reasons. overall, he's the best man for the job.

Archived