• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson

Hairless Cat

You gotta consider the surroundings... there was a game he was 2 of 17, one of the worst paper performances by a QB in ages, but he was credited with 11-13 drops. Cleveland's top receiver that year was the rookie Massaquoia(sp?), pretty much all of the receivers were new.

he team was pretty miserable even if you remove that game from the equation, but that team was absolutely awful.

certainly I think a return to the system he did so well in could only help him... and I feel comfortable now with him backing up Cam, since he won't be starting no matter what.

lol, get it guys?

because if you support Cam, YOU'RE GAY!!!!!!

0OOdV85ghjfi6t34rVp0zy8ao1_500.jpg

Not really, but it's more teh Jimmy and DA SUCKS BAWLS rather that Cam is better and proved by....... Sorry, outside of no picks (several near, BTW) the story on Cam has been pretty short and boring.

Ethan Horton made a pretty good point regarding Anderson.

Start Cam, have him struggle or get hurt, replace him with Clausen, have Clausen look anything North of terrible and you have a quarterback controversy on your hands.

Replace Newton with a guy that pretty much everyone knows is a stopgap while burying Clausen at number three though, and barring serious injury to Anderson you've dodged that particular bullet.

Might sound Machiavellian, but it's also pragmatic.

Frankly, starting Anderson as a sacrificial lamb could be a blessing in disguise. Cam's learning the offense, but the ENTIRE team is also learning the offense. Anderson is probably the guy on the team that's furthest ahead. I figure the rest of the team is about 6-8 games out before they're starting to gel. Once that happens it'll be safer to put Cam in.

we're not going to start Anderson though so there's no sacrificial lamb or anything....

Perhaps, but you have to admit it's a bigger controversy if it's Clausen.

I don't know... I actually don't think so... because there are fans who will remember last year, and be like "BAH CLAUSEN!" even if he does OK. Anderson on the other hand, if he comes in and looks OK, people will remember the preseason and go "oh yeah he can run this offense woo!"

if you mean in terms of the long term future of this team, I don't think it'd make a difference. Cam getting benched doesn't mean the end of his career, just like Jimmy getting benched didn't (course he got to play more after an injury forced him in). But no matter who replaced Cam, if he gets benched due to terrible play as a rookie, he's going to have to fight hard for his job in training camp next year or end up like Jimmy is this year - buried on the depth chart.

pretty sure if newton plays so bad to be benched, even if it's anderson that comes in and plays very well there's a qb 'controversy.'

No this is Cam's team for at least the next few year's barring him pulling a complete JaMarcus Russell. I'm not a huge Cam fan...yet, but I don't think he'll even be close to that bad.

If Cam is playing so bad he's benched (keep in mind the coaches are expecting some huge growing pains, it's not like they are expecting him to win the division), then that means he has really let them down in some major way, and I think that all bets would be off as far as how many years they give him.

That being said I doubt he plays poorly enough to get benched.

Ethan Horton made a pretty good point regarding Anderson.

Start Cam, have him struggle or get hurt, replace him with Clausen, have Clausen look anything North of terrible and you have a quarterback controversy on your hands.

Replace Newton with a guy that pretty much everyone knows is a stopgap while burying Clausen at number three though, and barring serious injury to Anderson you've dodged that particular bullet.

Might sound Machiavellian, but it's also pragmatic.

If Cam is hurt or struggles and Jimmy comes in and looks "North of Terrible" it could work in our favor if Cam later re-establishes himself and we are able to hold a mini Kevin Kolb fire sale.

Admittedly a lot of ifs there. :o

Archived