• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson

Hairless Cat

A probowler sucks - yeah - right-

anyone with half a clue to the game could see Anderson is ready to lead this team now, whereas the 2 and 3 guys arent even close to having his poise - apparently the teams management is willing to let the fans suffer through another abysmal season so we can hope for the future. sorry but Im done hoping for the future - I want to win now damnit! I aint getting any younger!!!!!

Start Anderson!

You new bro? Anderson blew nuts last year, and he had arguably the best receiver in the game to throw to (fitzgerald). He had a terrible QB rating, the worst in the league if I do remember. Do you really think if Anderson was so good that he would be 3rd string on the Panthers roster? of all rosters, behind Jimmy freakin Clausen. He had a good game against practice squad players, but what veteran wouldn't? Put Jake Delhomme behind center against the practice squad and he will easily put up 300+ yards.

2nd string for one of them, and the way he was playing he would have moved the ball against 1st stringers as well. Doesn't matter though, he isn't starting. Should he be? We don't know, we never got a chance to see him in camp. Maybe he woulda had a meltdown as the starter :P

most polished and best quarterback on the team - by far - he should be starting for us but probably wont - which I dont get.
I think you're mistaking scheme experience and familiarity with talent.

Derek Anderson is what he is and he's certainly not the best QB on this team[Cam].

But, at the same time Derek Anderson knows/played under coach Chudz and has been very productive and executed this offense at a high level before.

I do think that Anderson should be the starter, especially at the beginning of the season until the rest of the team really learns our new system. Anderson has experience in the system and I really think that he is like a better form of Matt Moore. While Moore crumbled when he was given the starter, I think Anderson crumbles when he is expected to carry teams to the playoffs. This year he would just be playing because nobody is expecting us to make the playoffs. He could give Newton some time to work on his footwork and learning the playbook. I would just rather not scar Newton right away because he will have to really lead this offense because our defense wont stop anyone.

completing 44.5 % of your passes in 2009 kind of cancels the pro bowl out

You gotta consider the surroundings... there was a game he was 2 of 17, one of the worst paper performances by a QB in ages, but he was credited with 11-13 drops. Cleveland's top receiver that year was the rookie Massaquoia(sp?), pretty much all of the receivers were new.

You new bro? Anderson blew nuts last year, and he had arguably the best receiver in the game to throw to (fitzgerald). He had a terrible QB rating, the worst in the league if I do remember. Do you really think if Anderson was so good that he would be 3rd string on the Panthers roster? of all rosters, behind Jimmy freakin Clausen. He had a good game against practice squad players, but what veteran wouldn't? Put Jake Delhomme behind center against the practice squad and he will easily put up 300+ yards.

You do realize that Cleveland dumped Anderson for Delhomme.... how'd that work out?

Archived