• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson

Hairless Cat

not just probably, he won't... unless Newton (and Clausen likely) gets injured.

Anderson was never meant to play on this team, he was meant to serve as a mentor and guide for Cam and Jimmy. As Rivera said, they are our future.

Frankly, I'd rather they be our future once they were a bit more ready, especially when Anderson has looked pretty damn great all preseason, but hey... whatever

Stats don't begin to tell the whole story, but Anderson was 14/23 263 yards and 2 TDs. A good preseason for him anyway.

His ball placement tonight was amazing. He managed to make some nice throws under pressure too, though not always. He didn't look anything like the suck he has been for the last couple years in various places. He definitely seemed more comfortable. Kinda curious to see what he could do with the 1s...

Are you fuging nuts? Derek Anderson sucks. The guys he was playing against will be looking for a new job come morning.

He was playing with our 1.5s/2s/3s, and he was playing against their 1.5s/2s/3s.

He did well, and he certainly looked better than any of our QBs have this preseason, but it is just preseason.

A probowler sucks - yeah - right-

anyone with half a clue to the game could see Anderson is ready to lead this team now, whereas the 2 and 3 guys arent even close to having his poise - apparently the teams management is willing to let the fans suffer through another abysmal season so we can hope for the future. sorry but Im done hoping for the future - I want to win now damnit! I aint getting any younger!!!!!

Start Anderson!

anyone with half a clue to the game could see Anderson is ready to lead this team now, whereas the 2 and 3 guys arent even close to having his poise - apparently the teams management is willing to let the fans suffer through another abysmal season so we can hope for the future. sorry but Im done hoping for the future - I want to win now damnit! I aint getting any younger!!!!!

Start Anderson!

A one time Pro Bowler and it was several years ago. He couldn't even snag the staring job in QB desperate AZ with literally no competition.

Cam is the future. DA is here solely as a mentor. Get that thru your head.

Start Anderson!

Hell you're right! I don't know what I was thinking! They should cut Newton & Clausen, re-sign Delhomme, then let Anderson & Delhomme fight it out in practice for the starting job. Then we'd have two pro-bowlers & be on our way to the Super Bowl! :rolleyes:

Give me a break, Cam Newton already gives us a much better chance to win than Derk Anderson. Is Derek Anderson gonna play o-line, d-line, & cb, too? And who is he gonna throw it to when Olsen & Smith are doubled? Cam Newton will be able to scramble, run, & bulldoze over people. Anderson will be a sitting duck & get sacked, or throw 20+ INT again.

Archived