• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle tailgate parking lot in jeopardy?

SCP

I am a Dolphins fan, and the few times I went to the huddle tailgate I had a blast. I didnt feel left out, or anything. Played catch with Zod, talked fishing with Bo, and got molested by Saltman. IT was fun. And I hope to do it again a few times this year.

The tailgating too.

wow. I molested you when I wasnt even there? damn thats good

Okay, so I'm getting tickets to come to a game (most likely the Vikings or Titans) this season, and I need some advice.

I haven't been to a game since our Inaugural Season, and I was like 12 or something like that... So this is completely different.

Anyway, what do I do? My drive is only about 2.5 to 3 hours, so I'm not getting a hotel or anything, I'm actually going straight to the game or pre-game events.

So, if I came a few hours before the game, where should I go, park, etc.?

Secondly, if I were to attend MrTouchdown or the Huddle's TG, I have a few rules:

*I don't like bums or dealing with them. They make me uncomfortable and ready to fight. I can tolerate them, but don't like them in my personal space for too long, preferably not at all.

*I'm funny about my food. I would prefer not to eat something after other people have put their bare hands on it. No offense to anyone making the food, I've just always been kinda OCD about it... Fast food is one thing, but to be at a parking lot without any way to wash one's hands takes it to another level.

*I don't drink alcohol and I don't like to be around drunkards... They also have issues with respecting personal space and make me want to fight.

So, what should I do? This post is meant to be slightly amusing, but I'm also serious. Is partaking in eating from what someone else has prepared with unclean hands part of the tailgate experience? I'd like to meet some fellow huddlers before/at the game, but these are my limitations I guess.

You should eat before you get there then. We have sanitizer there and jugs of water and soap to wash hands with, but if you have any reservations it may be best to eat before you showed up to tailgate.

There is plenty of drinking going on at the tailgate, there may be a few people that show up and don't partake. Usually people are pretty good about not getting out of hand, but you never know. We don't police adult behavior.

So my advice would be to eat before you showed up and showed up early before people get too sloshed.

You should eat before you get there then. We have sanitizer there and jugs of water and soap to wash hands with, but if you have any reservations it may be best to eat before you showed up to tailgate.

There is plenty of drinking going on at the tailgate, there may be a few people that show up and don't partake. Usually people are pretty good about not getting out of hand, but you never know. We don't police adult behavior.

So my advice would be to eat before you showed up and showed up early before people get too sloshed.

Much appreciated Mush! Again, the food thing is nothing against anyone, I watch when my own family makes food before I'll eat it, lol. Just one of those quirky things...

But, that doesn't sound too bad.

The drinking thing I will definitely take heed to... I've had friends/family over the years that get trashed, but I just don't like to be around it. Sometimes it may bring some hilarity with it, but often times it leads to me being pissed off for some reason so I just like to avoid those who are already "under the influence."

I look forward to meeting a lot of you fellow huddlers when I go... I'll check the tailgate thread that week to find out how early to show up.

Okay, so I'm getting tickets to come to a game (most likely the Vikings or Titans) this season, and I need some advice.

I haven't been to a game since our Inaugural Season, and I was like 12 or something like that... So this is completely different.

Anyway, what do I do? My drive is only about 2.5 to 3 hours, so I'm not getting a hotel or anything, I'm actually going straight to the game or pre-game events.

So, if I came a few hours before the game, where should I go, park, etc.?

Secondly, if I were to attend MrTouchdown or the Huddle's TG, I have a few rules:

*I don't like bums or dealing with them. They make me uncomfortable and ready to fight. I can tolerate them, but don't like them in my personal space for too long, preferably not at all.

*I'm funny about my food. I would prefer not to eat something after other people have put their bare hands on it. No offense to anyone making the food, I've just always been kinda OCD about it... Fast food is one thing, but to be at a parking lot without any way to wash one's hands takes it to another level.

*I don't drink alcohol and I don't like to be around drunkards... They also have issues with respecting personal space and make me want to fight.

So, what should I do? This post is meant to be slightly amusing, but I'm also serious. Is partaking in eating from what someone else has prepared with unclean hands part of the tailgate experience? I'd like to meet some fellow huddlers before/at the game, but these are my limitations I guess.

I've always enjoyed your posts, Proudiddy - and this is your all-time best.

You need to rent a room at the Marriott Courtyard uptown, right diagonally across from the tailgate lot. Eat your own food before you go over there, hang out for a bit, keep your distance from people, run back to your room, get a quick shower, then head directly to the stadium.

Bums - you don't want them near you, yet your willing to watch some try to play football for three hours. Classic.

Why are city's always putting parks in urban environments and not understanding that they are going to turn into poo holes where Bangers,Druggies, and Hobos live.

The problem isn't the park, it's the cities total apathy towards doing anything about the bangers, druggies and hobos in the park.

I think the CMPD does a pretty decent job of keeping the hobos around here in check. Just the other day I was in uptown and a bum was yelling something at two ladies walking by. A CMPD car just happened to be rolling by at that moment and it stopped, hit the lights and executed a u-turn in the middle of traffic so the officer could go have a little talk with said bum.

I lived in DC for many years and I can tell you that the DC police wouldn't bother with this sort of thing. In DC, that bum could have been chasing those ladies naked with his junk in his hand and they would have pretended not to notice and rolled on by.

Charlotte practices the "go be homeless somewhere else" policy and I'm all for it.

No joke... I was born and raised in Fayetteville, then moved just outside the city limits but worked, played rec. ball, and everything else besides school after that in Fayetteville as a teenager, so I know all about sh*thole places, lol.

But, I've been to 2 Bobcats games and I couldn't believe they had that terminal right next to the arena when I first went. The first time I went I hung around the arena for like 3 hours and walked all around uptown before the game, including a walk through the bus terminal and I was blown away that they would even have one right next to the arena. On top of that, it didn't appear to be policed very well. I don't like to judge people by appearances but there were a lot of unsavory looking folks with full backpacks hanging around. Needless to say, I left there and went and sat on the other side of the arena while waiting on my friend to get there to go into the game.

The second time I went, I went with another one of my friends and we parked in one of the lots right next to the terminal... It was horribly lit, late at night, and we started walking towards the arena and as we reached the street right in front, a bus stopped abruptly with blinkers on and 3-4 young guys got out running as fast as they could laughing and yelling at each other to "go, go, go!!!" almost knocking people out as they ran through... They then cut through the parking lot and almost ran into us. As they passed a HEAVY, and I MEAN HEAVY, whiff of weedsmoke filled the air behind them.

So, then and there, I decided I would definitely avoid being around the bus terminal in any future trips... Just a lot of chaos going on and it seems to have a "dirty" feel to it...

Archived