• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle tailgate parking lot in jeopardy?

SCP

if I was actually going to visit someone else's tailgate the drinks, tents, food are not that appealing. The best thing I ever heard about the huddlegate is that you can leave your cooler there and get it back after like a coat check. You can keep the sunkist and brats. I'm good. But to drag my own booze to the party and not have to double back to store the cooler is pretty cool. Plus there is good excuse to visit the after party (if there was one).

Nobody begs you to come. It doesn't matter how many people show up really. If somebody wants to come and hang out cool but if it's not something for you then don't come. If somebody shows up we welcome them but that's hard for a lot of people to do, show up not knowing anyone.

Well, that's what the huddle tailgate is. Nobody will ever claim its the best place to tailgate in the city, none of us really care. It's just a place where some friends hang out before the game, nothing more. There's a core group of us that tailgate and invite anybody else that wants to come. If there aren't enough girls there for you, then it's only 3 spaces in a lot of 300 you can easily walk around to some other tailgates and fire away on any girls you please.

Promise? Maybe I should try to get down there again...

only a true asshole would slam the efforts of Mush and others and the fine work they do to bring huddlers from all over together at a tailgate, where the food is fantastic, the booze is flowing and the fun never ends.

I will admit that what is done for charity is incredible. The toys for tots thing is awesome.

The extent of our tailgate's charity work basically extends to directing smelly crackheads to where they can buy beer instead of drinking ours.

only a true asshole would slam the efforts of Mush and others and the fine work they do to bring huddlers from all over together at a tailgate, where the food is fantastic, the booze is flowing and the fun never ends.

I really don't see the purpose of poor mouthing somebody else's tailgate. Why would someone really care what another's tailgate is like? You have fun or you don't and if you don't then don't come back. I'm sure I could walk around the lots on gameday and find something to laugh at with every tailgate out in the lot but what's the purpose of that?

I really don't see the purpose of poor mouthing somebody else's tailgate. Why would someone really care what another's tailgate is like? You have fun or you don't and if you don't then don't come back. I'm sure I could walk around the lots on gameday and find something to laugh at with every tailgate out in the lot but what's the purpose of that?

Exactly, if you don't like it then don't come - we won't miss you.

Mush does this out of his own pocket and donates any proceeds to charity, sorry if it's not up to your standards.

if I was actually going to visit someone else's tailgate the drinks, tents, food are not that appealing. The best thing I ever heard about the huddlegate is that you can leave your cooler there and get it back after like a coat check. You can keep the sunkist and brats. I'm good. But to drag my own booze to the party and not have to double back to store the cooler is pretty cool. Plus there is good excuse to visit the after party (if there was one).

we left about 13 coolers in my room mates truck at the NYG game and we were excited to get back to it the next day because we thought everyone left their beers in them for us to drink at the pool on Sunday.

When we returned to them the next day, they most def had been tampered with.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/09/01/2569302/bearden-park-coming-to-life.html

Is this the parking lot you guys use? Sucks if it is because that thing was in the middle of it all. Parking lots uptown are becoming a thing of the past. I have been to several games and tailgates in Miami, Jacksonville, and Chicago. My wife enjoys the Miami Dolphins tailgate scene which is a huge parking lot surrounding the stadium. I kind of like the set up in Charlotte where people are all over the city in knooks and crannies. I have a spot under the west scoreboard just behind the railroad tracks. You guys are welcome to move to my lot if yours gets turned into a park. Grand Paws Parking sells the spaces (PM me for their phone number). Here is the view from my space:

Nice spot, I'm going to stop by sometime now that we've met (and by met I mean that awkward moment in the beer line at TC where we didn't recognize each other) LOL

doesn't calling someone an "asshole" violate the forum's new policy?

we left about 13 coolers in my room mates truck at the NYG game and we were excited to get back to it the next day because we thought everyone left their beers in them for us to drink at the pool on Sunday.

When we returned to them the next day, they most def had been tampered with.

The liquid contents of an unattended cooler are fair game, LOL

Archived