• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here ever give up Booze?

Hairless Cat

I gave up booze and fine cigars all in one day! Since 1994, I've had 1 cigarette and about 1 glass of beer.

Oh, I also gave up beef at the same time! No steaks, hamburgers, and very little pork products. I really feel much better since I gave up beef! You can smell people who eat a lot of beef! They smell like burnt hamburgers!

Good thing my Father wasn't alive. He would have called me a "weak willed quitter!"

When I first joined the Navy I was sent to Tennesee for training, and I hated it. I mean I was completely miserable and got to thinking that joining the Navy was the biggest mistake of my young life. There was not much to do but go to the EM club and I started drinking, not socially, but to get drunk, almost every night. Being 18 we were only allowed to drink the 3.2 beer they served but there was no way I was going to wait for that, so I ended up getting called to the back room a few times to get read the riot act on buying mixed drinks.

I finally got in enough trouble that I was reassigned, and was lucky enough to keep my electronics program, just sent to a different rate. I ended up giving up alcohol for the 8 weeks I was in sub school to try and see if I was indeed an alcoholic (I think my dad was in some way).

My last night at sub school I came to the conclusion that I did not have a drinking problem, I had a Tennesee problem, got pretty trashed with my best friend from sub school and some nurses we met, and everythings been cool since.

When I first joined the Navy I was sent to Tennesee for training, and I hated it. I mean I was completely miserable and got to thinking that joining the Navy was the biggest mistake of my young life. There was not much to do but go to the EM club and I started drinking, not socially, but to get drunk, almost every night. Being 18 we were only allowed to drink the 3.2 beer they served but there was no way I was going to wait for that, so I ended up getting called to the back room a few times to get read the riot act on buying mixed drinks.

I finally got in enough trouble that I was reassigned, and was lucky enough to keep my electronics program, just sent to a different rate. I ended up giving up alcohol for the 8 weeks I was in sub school to try and see if I was indeed an alcoholic (I think my dad was in some way).

My last night at sub school I came to the conclusion that I did not have a drinking problem, I had a Tennesee problem, got pretty trashed with my best friend from sub school and some nurses we met, and everythings been cool since.

tl/dr o_O

I really enjoy drinking and am one of those people who can drink and not have it affect my family or job. So far!

I freely admit that the extra 15 lbs I have right now is due to martinis but I have a plan

that post started out strong and ended badly..

Archived