• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you choose

TheRealDeal

I will say this TRD. The fact that you in-laws are willing to participate in any of the three above options proves that you have pretty awesome in-laws!!

This is true..but I was raised to take care of myself..I'm sure that if my husband and I were in need and we really needed help, I'm sure I could go to my family or his for help..but I'm a firm believer in not take donations so to speak...this is just my opinion though..It sounds like you've already made up your mind

p.s...please tell me your name is going to be somewhere on that paperwork ...

Alight back to being serious...

I don't know what risk I have and think the reward is nice either way.

Just a broken family? Is that my only risk? I don't really like people that much anyway

If you get at odds with your wife's family you will soon be at odds with your wife. The risk that you will be taking on is a failed marriage, living with your inlaws as newly weds is a VERY BAD idea.

This is true..but I was raised to take care of myself..I'm sure that if my husband and I were in need and we really needed help, I'm sure I could go to my family or his for help..but I'm a firm believer in not take donations so to speak...this is just my opinion though..It sounds like you've already made up your mind

p.s...please tell me your name is going to be somewhere on that paperwork ...

My name is going to be on the deed and the loan.

We don't need this by any means, but it's a good head start.

I would do anything I can to give every advantage to my new family, I will not let pride get in the way.

If you get at odds with your wife's family you will soon be at odds with your wife. The risk that you will be taking on is a failed marriage, living with your inlaws as newly weds is a VERY BAD idea.

That's my main worry but I think we'd move out if it ever got to that point.

That's my main worry but I think we'd move out if it ever got to that point.

If it was to get bad enough that you had to move out then your relationship with her side of the family is tainted no matter what. You always want to stay on the positive side of your inlaws, a good rule is to never put yourself willingly into a position that will jeopardize that relationship.

I don't know if I could "do what married folks do" with my wife's parents down the hall.

Fight?

Naw, I like to get mine in the morning and early evening. He's literally gone from 7 or 8 to 10 or 11.

My ass is asleep by then. We've already talked plenty about that and it's a non issue.

If it was to get bad enough that you had to move out then your relationship with her side of the family is tainted no matter what. You always want to stay on the positive side of your inlaws, a good rule is to never put yourself willingly into a position that will jeopardize that relationship.

Her real dad and I don't speak because he's an assclown. I think we'd just play it off like we were ready to move on and have saved enough.

Not everything has to end badly.

Fight?

Naw, I like to get mine in the morning and early evening. He's literally gone from 7 or 8 to 10 or 11.

My ass is asleep by then. We've already talked plenty about that and it's a non issue.

Fugging sounds a lot like fighting if you are doing it right.

Archived