• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lol john Kasay to the saints

Fiz

it's these kind of decisions that would keep carolina at he bottom.

great guy, but forced us to keep an extra kicker on the roster.

desire to have a better roster > loyalty to one player. we should have done this years ago. only reason he was kept around was loyalty. thats a bad way to build a winning team.

oh...and cut baker for another punter who can punt and do KOs? :lol: name the ones that do that.

I still don't get what you're saying? John Kasay is still a top 5 kicker in the NFL. He is one of the most accurate & clutch kickers in NFL history. He still has plenty of power left, too. Last year during pre-game warm ups I saw him drilling 56yd FG's like they were chip shots.

They should have asked Baker to handle KO's & if he refused cut him & signed a punter who would. Mare is only 3 years younger than Kasay. His FG range isn't much deeper than Kasay's, & he's not nearly as reliable.

it's not a big deal.

kasay wasn't worth keeping an extra kicker on the roster and he sure wasn't worth letting baker go just so we could keep kasay. silly idea.

mare is a good kicker. kasay isn't much better than mare but mare brings more value because he can do kick offs.

kasay is gone now. he's a non-issue.

we've got a new kicker. get on board.

it's not a big deal.

kasay wasn't worth keeping an extra kicker on the roster and he sure wasn't worth letting baker go just so we could keep kasay. silly idea.

mare is a good kicker. kasay isn't much better than mare but mare brings more value because he can do kick offs.

kasay is gone now. he's a non-issue.

we've got a new kicker. get on board.

Kasay was more than a FG Kicker. He was an original Panther, fan favorite, & the team leader. A FG Kicker is more valuable than a Punter.

Kasay was more than a FG Kicker. He was an original Panther, fan favorite, & the team leader. A FG Kicker is more valuable than a Punter.

so we keep him on the roster until he retires because of that.

awesome. thats how you get and keep a mediocre team.

FG kicker is more important than a punter...yes. but he's still just a kicker and there isn't a significant drop off with mare (if any at all) but what we do is pick up an extra roster spot.

if baker was seeing a drop off in his ability to do his job, then i can see replacing him. that wasn't the case. meanwhile, kasay's job, just like 95-99% of FG kickers is to handle kick offs. he lost his ability to do it effectively. he forced us to use an extra roster spot on another kicker.

mare is a good solid and reliable kicker.

meh..keep making a big deal about this. i'm done. it's just a kicker and we have more things on this team to worry/stress about.

Looks like John Kasay is happy to finally be a part of a winning organization. Sounds like he's perfect for FG's so far in practice...

Kasay admitted becoming comfortable with a new team on short notice would be an adjustment, but he was perfect on the six field goals he attempted during practice, at distances from 19 to 33 yards from alternating hash marks.

"This is a big change, obviously," Kasay said. "I spent a lot of years in Charlotte, and this is a great opportunity. I'm very grateful for the chance. (The Panthers) had some success for sure, but we lost our fair share, too. I had a few (winning kicks against the Saints), but those are in the rear-view mirror now.

"This is a real blessing; this is a very talented team. To have the opportunity to watch practice today, the tempo they use, their attention to detail, the things that they do, there's the making for a good year."

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2011/08/veteran_kicker_john_kasay_cons.html

Archived