• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox Attends GT ProDay....

Dirtyphill411

PRO DAYS

Two NFL coaches attend Georgia Tech’s pro day

Posted: March 9th, 2009 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Andrew Gardner, Darryl Richard, Georgia Tech, Jahi Word-Daniels, Michael Johnson, Tony Clark, Vance Walker

Georgia Tech’s pro day took place today in Atlanta, and officials from 26 NFL teams attended. That included two head coaches — the Carolina Panthers’ John Fox and the Atlanta Falcons’ Mike Smith. NFL.com’s Gil Brandt has the report.

source NFL.com/blogs

didnt see this posted elsewhere-hmmm DE to be drafted/picks to be had dealing Peppers?????

Well, two years ago Fox went to Clemson's pro day even though everybody knew Gaines Adams would go top five and our pick was the teens (most people saw DE as a need since Rucker was old and coming off an injury).

Translated: probably means little about actual intent.

However the team is obviously scouting DE's and CB's since the future of Peppers and Lucas is up in the air.

all clubs are going to scout the top talent even if they have no chance of getting them, it's being thorough and they can keep records and such

also it makes sense that fox would go as it is pretty close to charlotte, I think we are the closest team to GT other than the falcons

Well, two years ago Fox went to Clemson's pro day even though everybody knew Gaines Adams would go top five and our pick was the teens (most people saw DE as a need since Rucker was old and coming off an injury).

Translated: probably means little about actual intent.

However the team is obviously scouting DE's and CB's since the future of Peppers and Lucas is up in the air.

I wouldn't assume that Fox was at Clemson's pro day in 2007 to view Adams exclusively. We needed a center, and drafted Kalil in the second round that year (the second center taken). Dustin Fry from Clemson was the fourth center taken in the 2007 draft. Just sayin...I agree with your post about intent, but don't exactly agree with how you got to that point. Fox could be at GT to look at a number of players, not just Johnson. There's DTs Richard and Walker and DE Robertson. All are likely second to third round picks. Sounds like a pretty good pro-day to go to considering our needs and current draft position.

Yeah, you scout your top rated prospects because you never know what's gonna fall in your lap on draft day.

Johnson is a freak, but I'm concerned about the "tin man" rap on him... I would take a guy with 1/2 the talent and twice the heart. Mayock pointed out that there are games when Johnson was invisible.

Archived