• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could Otah make or break Cam's rookie season?

CardiacCats

Like others have said, when Cam has protection he looks x1000 better than when he doesn't have any, Otah would make a huge difference to giving Cam more time in the pocket. I can't wait to see what Cam can do with the mammoth Otah on the right side, I think he will look much better and when he gets in a good mix of throwing to the tight ends and WRs, it seemed like the first two games he was obsessed with finding the TEs but last game he was only looking for the WRs, maybe that was the plan, though. I kinda flipped Thursday but I've calmed down now, Cam should start week 1...let him get his feet wet.

I'm so sick of people acting as if Otah is the answer to all our ills. Otah alone will not improve the line. He is just one man on one end. There are four guys to his left that have to play at a high level. Stop putting Otah on such a high shelf. And this line is not one of the best. Don't let Stew's and D-Lo's two amazing seasons trick you. That was a while ago with different men and a different fullback opening holes up for them. This line is average, and if Otah gets back it will still be average. Get used to the truth.

I'm just as worried about that RG spot as I am RT. Big Mac was getting pushed straight into the backfield all night thursday. Schwartz seems legitimately injured. If he can't get on the field, Cam is gonna be in trouble anyways. The line is only as strong as its weakest link

I would not be hitching any hopes on Otah.

Even on the miracle that he does start, I'd be willing to bet he plays 8 games max this year before he falls like a tall timber again.

Otah has proven he has durability issues and the Panthers are incredibly stupid for not signing a McKenzie or someone who has some ability on that right side as a stop gap.

I'm so sick of people acting as if Otah is the answer to all our ills. Otah alone will not improve the line. He is just one man on one end. There are four guys to his left that have to play at a high level. Stop putting Otah on such a high shelf. And this line is not one of the best. Don't let Stew's and D-Lo's two amazing seasons trick you. That was a while ago with different men and a different fullback opening holes up for them. This line is average, and if Otah gets back it will still be average. Get used to the truth.

this.

the o-line has done nothing but regressed since 2008.

He needs to get back fast. RG is already the weak link in the OL, and Garry Williams just isn't good enough to pick up the slack for him.

Getting Otah back will work wonders.

Hasn't Schwartz been hurt as well? He was a starter, correct?

It's a shame Ziemba has been hurt. Would have been nice to see what he's got this preseason with Otah out.

25 games in 3 years. And if he misses another season when do you say that's enough of wasting a roster spot?

Hurney got raped again on a draft day trade giving up 1st, 2nd and 4th round picks for the right to select Otah.

No way he admits another draft day failure and cuts Otah.

See Everett (the spin doctor) Brown.

Archived