• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After tonight...

TruCatzFan

It's very clear, that Jimmy Clausen's rookie season was not his fault!

I hate him as much as most of you do, but you can't hold a double standard... You just can't.

From what I'm reading on here, Cam had next to NO time to throw due to the o-line... Or lack thereof. Seems to me that we all owe Jimmy a huge apology now that Cam looked just as pooty as Jimmy did last year in an eerily similar game situation. Yes Cam showed flashes and his cieling is higher but you can't hold a double standard.

I'm Sorry Jimmy. I'm kind of glad that this happened so that I could still believe in you.

Our O-line and Defense are going to have to step up BIG time for us to even pull off a mediocre season.

That is all.

I cant say im sorry for it... Cam is didnt have a whole off-season with the team, 14 otas, training camp with 2-a-days. oh and supposedly Jimmy was coming to the Panthers having experience in the offense we where running. But was constantly checking down all year. But in his defense he didnt deserve the scrutiny he got.

It's very clear, that Jimmy Clausen's rookie season was not his fault!

I hate him as much as most of you do, but you can't hold a double standard... You just can't.

From what I'm reading on here, Cam had next to NO time to throw due to the o-line... Or lack thereof. Seems to me that we all owe Jimmy a huge apology now that Cam looked just as pooty as Jimmy did last year in an eerily similar game situation. Yes Cam showed flashes and his cieling is higher but you can't hold a double standard.

I'm Sorry Jimmy. I'm kind of glad that this happened so that I could still believe in you.

Our O-line and Defense are going to have to step up BIG time for us to even pull off a mediocre season.

That is all.

I for one would just like to thank you for this post..pi

LOL, thank you... I still find it funny that people are comparing the performance of a 2nd year player to a rookie as if they are on even footing?

Did Jimmy have an Olsen, a shockey?

Both Running backs?

Better recievers?

NOOOO

It is the same D...we resigned them all to long contracts but to be fair...Cam has had more weapons than either Jimmy or Matt did last year to help him out

OP: I see your points, but Clausen has issues that are unrelated to the team around him being awful too.

Cam was throwing downfield tonight. Taking shots. Losing aggressively. Showed escapability. Showed arm strength. Has a howitzer, albeit isn't accurate.

Jimmy tries to 4 yard you to death. You know we're going to face some 3rd and 12's that Jimmy would throw for 5 yards, and Cam will misfire on, but give me the guy who will throw it past the sticks.....

Nah... Clausen is terrible because he goes into a shell and checks down. Cam does not do that. Clausen has Golden Domer Brady Quinn's disease. Can't play in this league once you've got it.

Cam has to get better... but at least he slings it man. Totally different issues on why they're no good.

OP: I see your points, but Clausen has issues that are unrelated to the team around him being awful too.

Cam was throwing downfield tonight. Taking shots. Losing aggressively. Showed escapability. Showed arm strength. Has a howitzer, albeit isn't accurate.

Jimmy tries to 4 yard you to death. You know we're going to face some 3rd and 12's that Jimmy would throw for 5 yards, and Cam will misfire on, but give me the guy who will throw it past the sticks.....

Nah... Clausen is terrible because he goes into a shell and checks down. Cam does not do that. Clausen has Golden Domer Brady Quinn's disease. Can't play in this league once you've got it.

Cam has to get better... but at least he slings it man. Totally different issues on why they're no good.

Slings it? You do realize that well over half of his passes, completed ones anyway, are to TE?

You also realize he has completed just as many passes to hash marks has he has to actual players?

4 x 3 = 12 = first down...not flashy but there have been several QB win SB that way...I'll take a SB

Archived