• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Fiz

It is a first person shooter, but not in the traditional sense. It has some minimal RPG elements (some conversation choices and inventory management). But what sets it apart from most games gameplay-wise is the open endedness of how you actually can play the game. You can choose to play stealth, and go through the entire game never killing a single person except for the bosses; or you can just play it as a shooter and kill everyone, or you can do any combination of the two.

If you're thinking of Quake or Call of Duty or any other first person shooter, it's completely different gameplay wise.

This is true. But I saw the choices as two extremes, and a compromise. So I picked the compromise.

Picking Sarif's option gives complete power and control over augs to corporations, with absolutely no oversight or regulation at all. They'd be free to do all the poo that Jensen was fighting against in the first place. That's a terrible idea.

Darrow's option effectively eliminates augs altogether, and creates a worldwide backlash against technology that sets society back. Don't see the appeal in that.

The only middle ground was Taggart, even though he is a dick. It keeps augs as a perfectly viable thing, but regulates it so that corporations don't run out of control with it.

The "blow up Panchea" option to me wasn't valid at all, because all it does is kill everyone who actually knows the truth and leaves the Illuminati intact.

Archived