• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Games that you hated at first but can't stop playing later

stankowalski

I bought this shitty game about a year ago called Europa Universalis: Rome. I only bought it because I was bored with the games I had and it had scored relatively high in all of the reviews I read. Once I got it home and loaded it onto my computer I was utterly unamazed. This game had the shittest graphics of any game I've seen in the past 10 years. The "battles" were fought with a "roll of the dice". The technology that you researched afforded no real benefits UNTIL a random discovery was made affording you some but not all of those benefits. Underneath all of that shittiness I just described was a far more complex and user-combative (as opposed to user-friendly) interface. Then there was a host of other shitty features that I won't dwell on. Needless to say I uninstalled it a short time later.

Now fast forward to last week, and I am again bored with any of my games and the only one I'm looking forward to doesn't come out until early next month. So I loaded this shitty game back onto my computer and read through the almost 100 page booklet that came with it. Now I can't stop playing this shitty game and I don't know why.

For me it would have to be Two Worlds. The first time I played it, the graphics were a fuging joke. They were worse than Gothic 3 which came out a year earlier. So was the dialogue. It was buggy as hell too. A few months later I decided to try again because I had literally nothing left to play. I installed it, patched to the new (at that time) 1.5 patch, and played for more than an hour before I made my final decision, which was probably my mistake the first go around. They didn't fix anything besides making the game prettier really, but that's not why I enjoyed it. Despite all of its flaws, Two Worlds at its core was a solid RPG. I loved dual-wield and the stacking system they had was fuging awesome. If you don't ride a horse (with the numerous teleports and the stones you get there's not really any reason to.) It's a really really fun game. I hope they fix the problems now that they're working on The Temptation. If they do they might finally have an "Oblivion killer"

Yeah, I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I really shouldn't even be playing this game as bad as it sucks. On the other hand there are people out there that genuinely enjoy it.

As far as Two Worlds I was actually going to buy that one when it came out but I heard about the bugginess among other issues so I didn't get it. I generally like RPG's so if you guys are saying the issues were alleviated with the patches then I might try it out.

Not everything has been fixed. Riding horses is still hit or miss. They tend to stop on pathways for no reason and you can't go forward. But most of the major bugs like quests not being able to be completed have been fixed. And there's also the always fun getting stuck inside a rock bug when you walk on it.

Not everything has been fixed. Riding horses is still hit or miss. They tend to stop on pathways for no reason and you can't go forward. But most of the major bugs like quests not being able to be completed have been fixed. And there's also the always fun getting stuck inside a rock bug when you walk on it.

yea but even Morrowind and oblivion have those stuck in rock bugs and such. Just a part of having an open world game like that. Though If you do play the game man, I wouldn't ride horses at all after you get the wp and such. I'm hoping they make the combat more interesting and fix a couple of other things in the new game that was original a expansion. I will be picking it up, just hoping the combat is more fun and they expand on the stacking system. Maybe add an actual Item maker with materials.

Archived