• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Last Year For Fox n Hurney?

dpanthersman

do u guys think that fox and hurney are on the hot seat this year? or does last years 12-4 season buy them a couple more years despite what the outcome of the upcoming season is? personally i think if we dont make the playoffs, and if peppers ends up staying and has a another 07 type season cause he just doesnt want to be here. theres a good chance they will be let go.

Unless things really blow up, like 2-14; then Fox and Hurney will be back. The team plays a first place schedule so 7-9 might be the best they perform. If they drop below 5 wins the heat is on; however that might only occur with injury problems and that might buy them a pardon. Still Richardson kept them after 07; so if they sniff .500 Richardson keeps around, IMHO

Unless things really blow up, like 2-14; then Fox and Hurney will be back. The team plays a first place schedule so 7-9 might be the best they perform. If they drop below 5 wins the heat is on; however that might only occur with injury problems and that might buy them a pardon. Still Richardson kept them after 07; so if they sniff .500 Richardson keeps around, IMHO

:iagree:

There's no reason to get rid of either of them and there are very few good choices to replace either of them.

I can't figure out why anyone would want to get rid of them.

thank you

we get to bang with the best of them this upcoming year.. we are gunna be tested without a down week all year long.. lets see if we can get through healthy enough for a deep playoff run.. expecting to go somewhere around or below .500 is just plain sad.. go be a Buffalo Bill or sumthin..

i expect our division will come down to the end as usual, and that the winner of it won't likely get a 1st round bye. fine by me after the way the team performed after the two last year. hurney has made good moves as of late, and fox shouldn't be worried unless the coaching changes already made have no positive effect.

Considering they pretty much built our current rushing attack from the ground-up and rebuilt our LB corps to one of the best in the league again, I say probably not.

Agreed, the only subject parts of the team are the d-line and secondary. I would rate the qb situation as iffy, since Delhomme may come back stronger being 2 years removed from surgery. But the iffy qb status is one Hurney/Fox are ok with because the lack of cap space, skill level of available free agents and their stance on drafting. I think the LBers will be even better with a healthy Connor and Beason. If we can some how snag Holt, an ok 3rd rb, and decent O-line depth, our offensive will be world beaters. I also think the installation of the "tampa 2" defense will help the DBs out and a good draft will be a definitive boost. Although, that really depends on how Hurney deals with the Peppers situation to allow us more draft picks. Hurney has been getting it done last and this season, it will be a shame if he ends up being canned.

John Fox could be in the hot seat but overall even though I don't like his conservate style of coaching he is a winner. And as for Hurney I use to not like him but he has brought in talent to make this organization one of the top in the league. Believe it or not we are so close to winning a Super Bowl, that is why if we can convince Pepper's dumb-ass to stay we might have change in winning next year's superbowl. So my opinion is no this is not the last season for Fox and Hurney, definitely not Hurney

having a harder schedule only makes the team better, the steelers had one of the hardest schedules this year and it prepared them well. success often rises from failure .

GO TARHEELS!

[ame]

[/ame]

THIS IS WHY DUKE SUCKS

This is a team equipped to go 11-5 or 12-4 if we play well. If they underachieve and only win 7 or 8 games then Fox might be gone...there is no reason to have inconsistencies with a team this talented especially after they have proven they are elite when healthy.

Archived