• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unless Cam really fugs this up... He's our Starter!

TruCatzFan

Thursday night may be the biggest game of Cam Newton's career. It will undoubtedly go a long way as to who RR names as our starter. Pickles is probably pretty upset about it right now...

Whether we think he's ready or not is irrelevant. It's time to Squash all this team JC/ team Cam crap and come together as a fan base.

I expect him to do very well against Cincy's defense. Cincy's offense shouldn't be able to do much against our defense, so in reality this will be the first time we see him in a week long preparation knowing that he's going in as the starter.

We should be able to see Cam to Smitty for the first time in a game situation, which will be exciting in it's own right.

Looking forward to Thursday... It will be a big night for our organization one way or another. I tend to lean towards him solidifying himself as the starter, especially since He will be getting a week prep time with the ones in practice.

Go Panthers! This could be the beginning of a very beautiful thing... And I'm glad to be here and alive to watch it unfold. I think that Cam will be very special... If not, well we do have Jimmy.

thats some deep poo

yes it can be argued both ways..I see that. But lots of NFL ready QB's bred to the position struggle. JC might always struggle. I don't see us making he playoffs this year and I am a firm believer in making a guy earn it. I dont think Cam is competing against Jimmy as much as he is competing against his own learning a maturation curve.

To me, Cam being the lesser of two evils is not how I want to start off the career of someone who is supposed to be as good as Cam is supposed to be. Especially when we are going off of what we have seen so far. The coaching staff has much more information to consider obviously but I am going off strictly what has been on the tube.

The irony of the situation with Cam and Jimmy is, what u see with Jimmy is all ur going to get but many want to believe otherwise. Go check out his preseason game from last year. Almost a carbon copy without the TD. Even down to the Int his first time out.

I get the feel that both Cam and Jimmy are creatures of habit. The difference is, Jimmy's habits were formed from a long time ago but Cam really shouldn't because he hasn't stay in one system long enough to form any.

Jimmy is definitely stuck in his ways and even if the coaches get him to do a little more, he will revert back to his old habits as soon as the pressure hits. Hence his desire to checkdown. That is what he was taught in college and did for three years. Cam went to three different colleges with three slightly different system and coaching.

It's not easy to remold someone who is groomed to do a certain thing. Their egos are the first to go as soon as they go off coure.

The irony of the situation with Cam and Jimmy is, what u see with Jimmy is all ur going to get but many want to believe otherwise. Go check out his preseason game from last year. Almost a carbon copy without the TD. Even down to the Int his first time out.

he also lead us on 2 td drives this year, something he most certainly didn't do last year... so i don't know how you can say "almost a carbon copy" when the most important element, getting into the endzone, was different this year...

certainly there is likely more room for cam to grow, but I don't see how anyone can think jimmy won't ever develop any further than he has... considering he has improved quite a bit from last year already...

Jimmy is still a Panther, and I hope if he gets a chance he makes the most of it, because I think he still has room to grow as a passer.

He's made a couple of bad decisions already- let's not watch him thru rose colored glasses.

Honestly I think he's only made one or two bad decisions so far. One was last game were the ball was tipped by the defender throwing into double coverage. He was lucky it wasn't picked off, but that's the only one that comes to mind. Now he's made some bad throws, but not many bad decisions. That's one of the main things Rivera liked about Cam's play so far.

Cam's really got to step it up Thursday. He needs to play like he did the second half against Alabama last year for 3 quarters. Not necessarily stats wise, but composure and execution wise. Need him to really show us 3 consistent quarters. He hasn't had that yet. I expect to see him struggle, because he is still only a rookie, but his struggles need to be minor and fixable (and to this point, they have been). I'm excited to see it. Cinci is a great place to do it as well. Not a very good defense, so we should see our first Cam-led TD drive, assuming he brings it.

he also lead us on 2 td drives this year, something he most certainly didn't do last year... so i don't know how you can say "almost a carbon copy" when the most important element, getting into the endzone, was different this year...

certainly there is likely more room for cam to grow, but I don't see how anyone can think jimmy won't ever develop any further than he has... considering he has improved quite a bit from last year already...

Jimmy is still a Panther, and I hope if he gets a chance he makes the most of it, because I think he still has room to grow as a passer.

The fortune cookie gods already have spoken to you. Jimmy is playing it safe damn near too safe.

Jimmy has the potential into a solid starter. Just not for this team. He will be a good game manager like Jake was for us for years. Unfortunately for him, Cam's upside is much higher and I believe his potential to make big plays is higher. Jimmy will back up Cam this year, maybe next, then we're trading him. At least, that is what I expect to happen. Unless Cam shits the bed and Jimmy is brought in and pulls a Matt Moore, giving us false hope for part of a season only to disappoint the next. :sifone:

I get the feel that both Cam and Jimmy are creatures of habit. The difference is, Jimmy's habits were formed from a long time ago but Cam really shouldn't because he hasn't stay in one system long enough to form any.

Jimmy is definitely stuck in his ways and even if the coaches get him to do a little more, he will revert back to his old habits as soon as the pressure hits. Hence his desire to checkdown. That is what he was taught in college and did for three years. Cam went to three different colleges with three slightly different system and coaching.

It's not easy to remold someone who is groomed to do a certain thing. Their egos are the first to go as soon as they go off coure.

some of this makes logical sense but overall your points are based on way too much opinion that you are considering fact. And then to spin Cam's bouncing around and adapting as some sort of a positive is not something I agree with.

Any player should have to win the spot from the incumbent. Especially rookies. I'm not a huge Jimmy fan by any means but based on the two games alone I cannot see where he has bean beaten or beaten himself..same for Cam on that note.

Surely this week will shed even more light

I'll make this simple:

Cam > or < Jimmy?

Arm Strength - Cam

Size - Cam

Speed - Cam

Power - Cam

Mobility - Cam

Strength - Cam

Short Accuracy - Equal

Med. Accuracy - Cam

Deep Accuracy - Cam

Improvise when play breaks down - Cam

Experience? Who Cares????

Cam has AMAZING TOOLS and ability. Let him dive in the deep end and use them. We all watched Jimmy play last year. The guy doesnt have the athletic talent that other QB's in the league have.

Archived