• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unless Cam really fugs this up... He's our Starter!

TruCatzFan

not sure if I agree with the OP. I have not seen enough to make a decision either way. Anyone basing their decisions on two preseason games alone does not have enough info either.

All looks equal right now and IMO that gives he edge to Jimmy from both an experience standpoint and also to protect our investment into the future.

I think if a rookie is going to start he has to be the clear cut favorite and come out and take the job. I personally have not seen that.

Thursday night may be the biggest game of Cam Newton's career. It will undoubtedly go a long way as to who RR names as our starter. Pickles is probably pretty upset about it right now...

Whether we think he's ready or not is irrelevant. It's time to Squash all this team JC/ team Cam crap and come together as a fan base.

I expect him to do very well against Cincy's defense. Cincy's offense shouldn't be able to do much against our defense, so in reality this will be the first time we see him in a week long preparation knowing that he's going in as the starter.

We should be able to see Cam to Smitty for the first time in a game situation, which will be exciting in it's own right.

Looking forward to Thursday... It will be a big night for our organization one way or another. I tend to lean towards him solidifying himself as the starter, especially since He will be getting a week prep time with the ones in practice.

Go Panthers! This could be the beginning of a very beautiful thing... And I'm glad to be here and alive to watch it unfold. I think that Cam will be very special... If not, well we do have Jimmy.

I stopped reading after this. You guys kill me with this poo.

not sure if I agree with the OP. I have not seen enough to make a decision either way. Anyone basing their decisions on two preseason games alone does not have enough info either.

All looks equal right now and IMO that gives he edge to Jimmy from both an experience standpoint and also to protect our investment into the future.

I think if a rookie is going to start he has to be the clear cut favorite and come out and take the job. I personally have not seen that.

If a guy that started all most all of last season that came out of a pro offense in college that's been bred to be a NFL QB and was most NFL ready out of his class is playing equal to a inaccurate project QB that's a one year wonder and can only make one read(sarcasm):rolleyes: with a very high ceiling(serious) then why wouldn't you start the guy with more potential?

If a guy that started all most all of last season that came out of a pro offense in college that's been bred to be a NFL QB and was most NFL ready out of his class is playing equal to a inaccurate project QB that's a one year wonder and can only make one read(sarcasm):rolleyes: with a very high ceiling(serious) then why wouldn't you start the guy with more potential?

yes it can be argued both ways..I see that. But lots of NFL ready QB's bred to the position struggle. JC might always struggle. I don't see us making he playoffs this year and I am a firm believer in making a guy earn it. I dont think Cam is competing against Jimmy as much as he is competing against his own learning a maturation curve.

To me, Cam being the lesser of two evils is not how I want to start off the career of someone who is supposed to be as good as Cam is supposed to be. Especially when we are going off of what we have seen so far. The coaching staff has much more information to consider obviously but I am going off strictly what has been on the tube.

U got all the Sports Guru's talking points against Cam down-pat. I love it.:D

Archived