• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the Numbers - Cam vs Clausen - Plus a guest appearance

Tarheels23

Heres my 3 things that make a good QB- Jimmy vs Cam

Confidence: Cam

Leadership: Cam

Pocket presence Cam

As far as overall ability they are about equal at this point but these give cam the edge IMO

I would think accuracy and decision making would be higher than those things since they have to do with actually throwing the ball.

I would think accuracy and decision making would be higher than those things since they have to do with actually throwing the ball.

for some that say he is way too raw to be starting I would think he would be throwing interceptions left and right and getting lots of delay of games(remember jimmy last year)..he also hasn't fumbled a snap from center..i have a feeling they will start Cam next week but Rivera won't necessarily say he's week one starter..they will use it to see how Cam is with a full week of reps and gameplan. I think by now we all now what Jimmy is going to do.

for some that say he is way too raw to be starting I would think he would be throwing interceptions left and right and getting lots of delay of games(remember jimmy last year)..he also hasn't fumbled a snap from center..i have a feeling they will start Cam next week but Rivera won't necessarily say he's week one starter..they will use it to see how Cam is with a full week of reps and gameplan. I think by now we all now what Jimmy is going to do.

I wasn't saying Cam is too raw or anything like that. I was just commenting that I would put accuracy and decision making above the things he listed.

I think, at this point, its a no brianer that Clausen should get the nod over Cam. He needs a lot of work on his mechanics before he can begin to work on other things he needs work on.

Clausen actually had more passes down field and to WR than Cam did yet "some" think Jimmy checks down and Cam goes down field. GAWD you people amuse me

Has a nice smile though. Maybe that will win us games :cam:

Again, if you are basing what Jimmy did last year off of his QB potential, you should stick to pee wee league football. No QB, not even Tom Brady, would have looked good on this team last year....and after the last game watching both lines get pushed around (AGAIN) that may hold true for this year!

Give it a rest already; you nor anyone else knows what Jimmy or Cam will end up doing in the NFL YET!

Again, if you are basing what Jimmy did last year off of his QB potential, you should stick to pee wee league football. No QB, not even Tom Brady, would have looked good on this team last year....and after the last game watching both lines get pushed around (AGAIN) that may hold true for this year!

Give it a rest already; you nor anyone else knows what Jimmy or Cam will end up doing in the NFL YET!

I would not say that if you put Tom Brady on our team that we wouldn't have won games...

I feel like every throw Clausen makes is either going to be picked or batted down at the line. I just really don't feel confident with him playing qb.

Do you feel like every pass from Cam will be overthrown or in the dirt? Because the chances are just as good, if not better, with his footwork

I feel like every throw Clausen makes is either going to be picked or batted down at the line. I just really don't feel confident with him playing qb.

And on the same note, I feel when Cam throws the ball is just a liable to bounce off the ground as it is to go sailing over the WR head on short to intermediate throws. I will say he throws a pretty long ball.

damn I type too slow.

I'm as big a supporter of clausen as anyone, but he really did have the same amount of "wow" moments that many of the other names you mentioned did in their rookie campaigns. he had a couple, but not very many. I'm not going to throw him to the curb based on last year, but he really did show us drastically little... less than any other rookie who went on to a good career I'd seen, really, but I also admit that might not have been all his fault. He still bears some of the blame, though.

i'm as big a supporter of clausen as anyone, but he really did have the same amount of "wow" moments that many of the other names you mentioned did in their rookie campaigns. he had a couple, but not very many.

Yep he may not have, but how many of those guys I mentioned had the adversity that Clausen did?

Lame Duck Coach

Hurt O-line

Ones that were not hurt under performed (SS)

Hurt Running backs

Rookie WR

Young D

...Shall I continue?

I can't think of any rookie QB that has ever had to come into a situation like Clausen did last year and yet we expected him to be GREAT?!

Come on everyone, at least try to use come common sense...even on the interntet!

I would say if you put him in, his rookie year, he would not have won games...same as Manning (either of them), Breezus, etc

If Jimmy had the talent to be in the guy you want him to be I'm sure he could of flashed something, anything last year just through talent alone. I didn't see it. Hypothetically I would like to think all the greats as rookies would have at least flashed some great plays even in the worst of situations. To me Jimmy at best well be someone you go to in a pinch..or someone you ask to manage a short range west coast offense.

Archived