• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the Numbers - Cam vs Clausen - Plus a guest appearance

Tarheels23

After reviewing this again, I count 5 bad passes for Cam, and 6 for Jimmy. I did not consider the hail mary as either good or bad.

While neither performed well, our problems last night went way beyond the QB's.

Jimmy can throw checkdowns all day long. I am just not sure we are good enough to sustain 10 play drives on a regular basis. Almost all of his long throws look like ducks, and you have to hold your breath waiting for the int.

If it was my decision, I would start Cam based on the first two games.

If I had to chose it would be Clausen, at least at first. Footwork is a must once things get rolling. Everyone will struggle with accuracy just being as young as they are. Soon as Cam's footwork starts coming along he will for sure be above Jimmy, but for now, Clausen had a better preformance to support being the starter.

Id have to go with Cam. I just don't think jimmy has the confidence to take control of the team. He makes very safe decisions besides that pick six, but thats not always a good thing. If jimmy had that killer instinct in him he could be a very good qb. I'm not saying he doesn't have but he hasn't shown it. Cam has shown flashes of big playmaking ability and he's shown his weakness. One thing I liked about last game is with all the pressure that came at him he was able to get away. I wouldnt be mad if jimmy got the start but he needs to find that killer in him if he wants to keep a starting job

Archived