• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Inside the Numbers - Cam vs Clausen - Plus a guest appearance

Tarheels23

You'll find that when cam actually moves the offense and scores some touchdowns, a lot of us will be much happier with him. I'm not impressed with future predictions of what he could do, because he hasn't done those things yet.

I'll still acknowledge his mistakes when they occur, but the more positive plays he has, the more positive about them I will be.

I guess u must have learnt your lesson from all the lovefest that was thrown Jimmy's way last year despite his lackluster plays during his preseason games. His preseason was not that much better than Cam's but he was heralded by the media to be giving moore a run for his job. Maybe if u folks had spent as much time disecting Jimmy's preseason game as much as u are with Cam, u would have realized that being accurate alone does not make for a great QB. But it seems as if ur now taking it out on Cam by scrutinizing him so much.

I guess u must have learnt your lesson from all the lovefest that was thrown Jimmy's way last year despite his lackluster plays during his preseason games. His preseason was not that much better than Cam's but he was heralded by the media to be giving moore a run for his job. Maybe if u folks had spent as much time disecting Jimmy's preseason game as much as u are with Cam, u would have realized that being accurate alone does not make for a great QB. But it seems as if ur now taking it out on Cam by scrutinizing him so much.

which "media"? The local media consistently said Jimmy was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind. The national media said "well they drafted him, he'll start soon!" Neither QB was able to get a TD in the preseason. Were you following the team's quarterback issues last year closely? Because if Fox was considering dropping Moore down the depth chart at any point before TB, he sure didn't let us know.

There was no point in scrutinizing Jimmy's game because there was no real QB competition. Even so, there were threads about it and some who weren't impressed by it and some that were. Jimmy DID get props from a lot of posters after his third preseason game, where I think he only had one incompletion. He still didn't get a TD out of it though.

I agree that being accurate alone is not all it takes to be a great QB. At this point in time, neither option seems like "a great QB" to me.

edit: there were plenty of threads freaking out and complaining about our QB situation. Some of us just hoped we looked so bad because it was the preseason...

edit2: also my hope is that Cam develops into a great QB, but it'll take time. I personally think sitting a rookie for all or most of his first season is a good idea, but others disagree. Whatever ends up working I'll be happy so long as I get to see him improve.

Moore was benched in Q4 of Week 2, then won his job from Clausen in a competition during the bye a few weeks later. Clausen started the rest of the season after Moore went down with a season ending injury vs NO I think it was.

edit: to your point though if Moore wasn't concussed in week 1 we probably dont see Clausen for some time, and who knows how the season ends.

Archived