• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still disrespected...

TruCatzFan

I don't know... Maybe since the "facts" are that we haven't even been mentioned would be a pretty good focal point in which to come together on something. Try to build a lil camaraderie amongst Huddlers. Granted not a positive issue to concentrate on...

I guess I'm the only one tired of it though. I guess I'm the only one here that expects our team to realistically be good. It's cool.I'll just keep high fiving myself for now.

I think we might be pretty good too, and from my reading alot of posters here (non delusionally) think so.

I'm not bothered at all that we're widely expected to suck. That should work in our favor.

And have I mentioned the line on Panthers wins is 4.5?

Well the problem is

1. This topic has been addressed so many times. No one cares to continue talking about it.

2. You begin the OP by saying you're not crying about it, then cry about it. Common sense should tell you this thread wasn't going to go well.

Well the problem is

1. This topic has been addressed so many times. No one cares to continue talking about it.

2. You begin the OP by saying you're not crying about it, then cry about it. Common sense should tell you this thread wasn't going to go well.

That's actually the problem with this forum and sports debates in general. If you take that view, and I can't argue with it, there's nothing to talk about at all.

I don't know... Maybe since the "facts" are that we haven't even been mentioned would be a pretty good focal point in which to come together on something. Try to build a lil camaraderie amongst Huddlers. Granted not a positive issue to concentrate on...

I guess I'm the only one tired of it though. I guess I'm the only one here that expects our team to realistically be good. It's cool.I'll just keep high fiving myself for now.

As I grew up a Lions fan, I know all to well that feeling of being forgotten. So I would have to side with the "Respect is earned" crowd.

That being said. If by the luck of all that is wholly, we happen to play well and win a few games early. The Panther bandwagon will fill quickly.

I firmly believe that with even just adequate QB play last year, we may have won 6 games or so. Which would have put us in the conversation with, dare I say it, the Lions. Teams that if the improvement is there, have a shot at a very good year. Which means that if we can make consistent improvement throughout the year. We very well can be on everyones lips. Wins plus Cameron equal exposure.

Dare I say that this years team has more Swag than last years team. That alone should net us a few more wins. Pushing our total to 9 wins, maybe more with a little luck. Not one damm thing wrong with a little cock-eyed optimism. Another trait that is a direct result of being a Liions fan.

I hate posting, cuz it drives my count up. But TCF, I just had to respond. In my opinion, why be a fan if you are not invested emotionally. And optimism is an emotion. And of course so is negativity. I just happen to like optimism, it is such a giddy emotion. Much more fun than negativity. Never understood why people would waste emotion that way, I myself feel it is to important to waste in that manner. But that is just my way of thinking, does not make it wholly writ.

Short story long, GOOOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's actually the problem with this forum and sports debates in general. If you take that view, and I can't argue with it, there's nothing to talk about at all.

I don't think that always applies. If you talk about an old topic but actually bring something new to the discussion I think people would talk about it. But the media never talks about us. There is nothing new about that.

why should the panthers be mentioned? what have they done to prove the deserve it?

i expect the team to be better than last year and i expect that this team will get better and be great over time...but that's just me being a fan and liking what the FO has done in putting this coaching staff and team together. the fact is that this is a team coming of a 2-14 season that followed a 7-9 season and just got a new coaching staff, a new system, and has a choice between a rookie QB and a sophomore QB that sucked last year.

sorry, but for any other team in that situation i wouldn't expect much...esp. in the first year. and esp, when the 3 other teams in the division are solid teams all coming off winning records the year before.

I don't think that always applies. If you talk about an old topic but actually bring something new to the discussion I think people would talk about it. But the media never talks about us. There is nothing new about that.

I do. And I think most topics are old and boring, but discussions about them (if any) don't have to be.

why should the panthers be mentioned? what have they done to prove the deserve it?

Ummm... That's simple: we should be mentioned because we are in the NFC South.

As for the rest of your post I didn't see a reason in quoting it. All you did was say everything that I did in the op but in your own words.

I'm not being a homer here, all I'm saying is this... If you're going to talk about a Division, and not even mention one of the teams whatsoever... That is a bitch slap to that team. I hope our boys are tired of being the recipients of said bitch slaps, and I hope they're ready to start dealing a few out on the football field. And I'm sure they will.

As usual though, the first responses in any thread dictate the tone (until TRD derails it) unfortunately the first responses were not what I was expecting, so this thread spiraled out of control very very fast.

Iamhubby seems to be the only one agreeing with a sentiment that should be more popular than ever. Optimism. Brand new start for us on many fronts.

Ummm... That's simple: we should be mentioned because we are in the NFC South.

As for the rest of your post I didn't see a reason in quoting it. All you did was say everything that I did in the op but in your own words.

I'm not being a homer here, all I'm saying is this... If you're going to talk about a Division, and not even mention one of the teams whatsoever... That is a bitch slap to that team. I hope our boys are tired of being the recipients of said bitch slaps, and I hope they're ready to start dealing a few out on the football field. And I'm sure they will.

As usual though, the first responses in any thread dictate the tone (until TRD derails it) unfortunately the first responses were not what I was expecting, so this thread spiraled out of control very very fast.

Iamhubby seems to be the only one agreeing with a sentiment that should be more popular than ever. Optimism. Brand new start for us on many fronts.

Allright chef17, I see your point.

Allright chef17, I see your point.

Lol look at the QB debate. It's a very old topic, but at least after every game there is something new to talk about based on there performance. There is nothing new about the media ignoring us. You can add more examples, but it's still the same exact thing.

Archived