• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still disrespected...

TruCatzFan

If Newton does well and we win..it's going to be instant nonstop national attention on us compared to previous years where we had to be in the playoffs to get more attention...but really they days of pining for national media should be over: it's much easier to find out about your team by going on this strange magical place called the internet.

seriously some of these people act like there is no media outside espn and nfl on fox commentators

"what, how come we don't get mentioned? WE EXIST! TALk ABOUT uS!!!"

I'm not one of those homers. But I would at least expect an honorable mention, hell even a dishonorable mention would be okay with me. I'm not screaming that we need to be talked about as though we're gonna win the division... But at least acknowledge our presence!

They did do a show on the NFC South earlier this year in which we were not even mentioned once...

But people here think that's okay?

The more I think about it, the more I think the Panthers have a shot at being pretty good, possibly playoff good.

For one thing, last year was a tank job with a lame duck coach and staff who everyone knew were out the door, and who's systems had grown stale. That's a huge deal.

And by unit, we're among the best in the league at:

1) LB

2) RB

3) OL/TE

We have a young, but potentially very good DL.

WR is a question, but I could see these young guys contributing with even adequate QB play and if Smith is anything like Smith, we should be OK there.

DBs might be an issue.

At QB, I think we're going to be fine with an upside of game changing.

In any event, I think the over on 4.5 wins is probably safest bet you could ever make.

I'm not one of those homers. But I would at least expect an honorable mention, hell even a dishonorable mention would be okay with me. I'm not screaming that we need to be talked about as though we're gonna win the division... But at least acknowledge our presence!

They did do a show on the NFC South earlier this year in which we were not even mentioned once...

But people here think that's okay?

Yeah.

stop a heard of?

anyway...until we can show we are/can be competitive by winning actual games, we shouldn't expect any respect. you don't give out respect based on potential.

all we have is the potential to be better, but we haven't proven anything... yet.

what was your intended result? for about 15 people to reply with "Yea RITE? WTF is up with that?" and then leave the thread?

I don't know... Maybe since the "facts" are that we haven't even been mentioned would be a pretty good focal point in which to come together on something. Try to build a lil camaraderie amongst Huddlers. Granted not a positive issue to concentrate on...

I guess I'm the only one tired of it though. I guess I'm the only one here that expects our team to realistically be good. It's cool.I'll just keep high fiving myself for now.

Archived